Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestion : Genetically modified trees
"use the power of science, genetic engineering and biology to create a breed of stronger trees that can be harvested for more wood." ?
with a side effect that they can spread much faster to other "free unused" tiles much faster if they remain unchecked potentially covering an entire world IF you let them by not tiling off an area for them.

[Image: tenor.gif]

I'm only suggesting it because harvesting the 15 wood fir trees gets a bit painful after a while.

so how about:
genetically modified fir trees
150 wood harvested
200 water used to grow

only researchable once the player has 
"advanced Microbiology" [which does require terraforming if no atmospheric exists]
with a cost of 500 research points.
Cha-Ching! The sound of Ant Paste Exports INC.
joiners get 12k ore since things get tough when ore runs out...
There is a downside to the above. I dont know if it was a feature or a bug, but I planted a bunch of fir trees in game and then ignored them. They spread. I noticed them spreading and just said "Cool" more free wood. Then I ignored then some more for a week or 2 until I went to use the area they spread into. they said they were only 15, but they lied. It took quite a while to remove each square of trees, and delayed my building. I had about 1/10 of my map was an impenetrable forest. o.0
It's not a bug. They spread and they are insidious if let to their own devices. And they'll stack on top of one another on a tile as well.
FAQ  -  Suggestion Index

First Future Federation Member.  Click HERE to join.
Yep but it's slow, I don't mind faster spawn / growth rate as well as more wood out if it
[Image: 0HNanx1.png]
I do know for a fact trees can grow on top of each other.
happened quite a bit on the sugerland map. I put paste paths around some trees and noticed some grow on top of each other. :>
maybe that could be a feature?
light fir trees, dense fir trees, fir forest
Cha-Ching! The sound of Ant Paste Exports INC.
joiners get 12k ore since things get tough when ore runs out...
It might be cool if they produced atmosphere though

The Greater Terran State (https://www.my-colony.com/colonies/JnprICUD/)

Now seeking diplomatic ties.
Will accept annexation requests if your colony has over 100 colonists and a name.
Or, just make a 2x2 tile that can be planted like the regular Fir Trees and just call it "Forest." Same cost/yield as offered above but can be built in a way that you don't have to micro-manage the planting of trees so damn often. The constant planting of trees sometimes makes it feel like I am playing "My Arboretum Nightmare" rather than My Colony.

The Zolarg need some tree love until they can figure out how to make a tree farm.

Not ungrateful; love this game.