Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Spam content
I have seen them quite a bit...a whole wall of gibberish text repeating words over and over again... :/

I did report them for spam content. hopefully they'll appear and the admins can see.
Better response on post RE: Spam content
(06-15-2017, 02:55 PM)forcedminer Wrote: I have seen them quite a bit...a whole wall of gibberish text repeating words over and over again... :/

I did report them for spam content. hopefully they'll appear and the admins can see.

I did see and they were removed.  Wink
FAQ  -  Suggestion Index

First Future Federation Member.  Click HERE to join.
(06-15-2017, 02:55 PM)forcedminer Wrote: I have seen them quite a bit...a whole wall of gibberish text repeating words over and over again... :/

the admin already replied here Big Grin  but I think nobody understands what they are saying
Leader of  Commonwealth of Ottoich (CoO), Member of FFF
CharterCode: SU7sDQFn
[Image: KLrEVGT.png]
(06-15-2017, 02:57 PM)Ottoich Wrote:

the admin already replied here Big Grin  but I think nobody understands what they are saying

it seemed to be a big mix-match of just keywords.
i still don't know how it would work but i.......imagine...........yep im miles off but...still.
with all those tag words and keywords it could attract a large amount of incoming traffic looking at what this person has said due to the keywords....potentially like a bad DOS attempt?
youtubers tend to BS like that using keywords and tags to try and draw in a view more views. I doesn't work.
what works is the title and screenshot. Tongue  they're the first contact.
I made some changes earlier today to the IP address blacklisting for the forum that will hopefully help block some of the spam. It will not block everything. I'll continue to refine the blacklists as time goes on.
FAQ  -  Suggestion Index

First Future Federation Member.  Click HERE to join.
I do tend to visit the forum every now and then mon-fri 4pm - 12:00 GMT
I've no issue reporting spam if it does come up.

im sure its extremely obvious from the admins and mods perspective but i've no issue highlighting it.
(06-22-2017, 02:44 PM)forcedminer Wrote: I do tend to visit the forum every now and then mon-fri 4pm - 12:00 GMT
I've no issue reporting spam if it does come up.

im sure its extremely obvious from the admins and mods perspective but i've no issue highlighting it.
nobody has lol. but reporting doesn't helps till a moderator comes online
Leader of  Commonwealth of Ottoich (CoO), Member of FFF
CharterCode: SU7sDQFn
[Image: KLrEVGT.png]