Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Influx of Chinese Colonies
Better response on post Influx of Chinese ColoniesSome of you may have noticed a recent surge in Chinese colonies on the server.  These colonies also do not seem to adhere to the charter-privacy settings you may have set.  

Here is the situation:  Somebody has uploaded a hacked version of My Colony (v0.20.0) to some Chinese app store, and it's booming.  Since this version does not have the latest security features, the colonies created with it are unable to upload any of their population/other colony stats to the server, so they just sit there in your commonwealth looking like dead colonies.

I have made changes to the server to block these colonies from using the API, but I cannot activate them yet until the upcoming v0.38.0 release is widely available, otherwise everyone will be locked out.  For the time being, you just have to deal with them.  You can feel free to remove them from your commonwealths, or just wait until the auto-pruner gets them.

Hopefully some nice Chinese hacker is making pretty good money on his My Colony hack, lol.  The hacked Chinese version has a lot more players than the regular Google Play version right now.  But I can't have all of these non-legit players clogging the server.  Who knows what other modifications there are to this version of the game Undecided
Owner of Ape Apps

My Main Colony: Domination
https://www.my-colony.com/colonies/jGTKNfWT/
Do you still have the source of 0.20.0? Then we could make a diff with the hacked version, to see what the Chinese made of it.
BLARG, senior member of the First Future Federation. Moderator des deutschen Kanals.

[Image: KLrEVGT.png]
I have a copy of the real 0.20.0, just not the chinese one. I only know they are using that version because they left it connected to my Google Analytics id
Owner of Ape Apps

Wanna give it to me? I try to get the hacked version and make the diff to it. Smile

It's hard to find in English, but Terabix helps out with his Chinese skills and connection to them. Hope he'll find the store and the app.

Tnx already for your effort Terabix, even if you don't find it.
BLARG, senior member of the First Future Federation. Moderator des deutschen Kanals.

[Image: KLrEVGT.png]
Now that the update 0.38.0 is widely available, there should not be anymore of these colonies ?
Because it's not the case, I keep receving new colonies under my commonwealth even though it's in private mode.
No I have not "flipped the switch" yet. There are still too many clients on older versions of the game. It will probably be a few weeks before I activate it.
Owner of Ape Apps