Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
My Colony 0.37.0 Release Notes
Better response on post My Colony 0.37.0 Release NotesWelcome back to another exciting edition of the My Colony release notes.  Here's what's new in 0.37.0:

My Colony v0.37.0 Changelog

New Stuff
  • New Techs: Wood Harvesting, Black Markets, Diamond Mining
  • New 'Vehicles': Lumberbug, Diamond Miner
  • New Structures: Lumber Camp, Power Spire, Diamond Refinery, Colonial Assembly, Black Market Bazzar
  • New ad-free Content: Presidential Statue
Changes
  • The resources screen now shows a total for both Inflows and Outflows
  • Mousing over your population (Web/Desktop) now shows how many unemployed workers you have
  • Selecting a medical facility now displays their effect radius
  • More resource options have been added to the Space Elevator
  • Buildings that lack access points which require colonists in some way will now slowly become deactivated over time
Notes

Besides from the items mentioned above, several performance improvements and other fixes have been made.  For one, the engine now more efficiently sorts and orders colonist objects during runtime, greatly reducing the time it takes for the game to look up a specific colonist.  This should have a positive impact on all colonies, but should be more especially noticeable on larger ones.

Changes have also been made to the manner in which colonists select jobs, houses, medical centers, and entertainment.  The process should now work better overall, in that colonists should find work/housing faster, and be more likely to visit entertainment and medical facilities. 

Since the selection of medical facilities has been improved, the effective radius of each medical building has been lowered.  You can see your colony's current medical coverage by clicking on any medical center.  Tiles in range of medical facilities are colored green.  If a medical facility is full to capacity, it will not show any coverage, indicating that you should have another facility nearby.

As mentioned before, buildings with no access will now become abandoned and deactivated over time.  There are a couple reasons for this.  Firstly, it makes sense.  Secondly, inaccessible buildings are still responsible for probably 90% or more of the maps I get in my inbox that have performance issues, generally related to the pathfinding engine.  The pathfinder knows to ignore deactivated buildings, which is better on performance than checking each building for accessibility while trying to do pathfinding.  Anyway, this is an important change to take note of if you have a colony with a generally poor layout.  This change will impact any building that a colonist might need to go to, jobs, entertainment, medical, housing, etc.

There was another change in the engine that will probably go unnoticed on its own, but will be a positive for the game going forward.  There is now the ability of a building/vehicle/tech to require either X tech OR Y tech to unlock.  For example, the Regolith Miner/Mine before could only be built by maps with the "Lunar Base" tech, meaning they only worked on the Lunar Map.  Now, the Regolith Miner/Mine can be built by maps with the "Lunar Base" tech OR the "Asteroid Base" tech, OR the "Abandoned World Base" tech.  Anyway, this is an important change because it allows more advanced tech trees in the future, with multiple paths to take towards unlocking a specific tech, depending on what route the player wants to take.

For the LIS, they got access to a few Lunar structures in the update, the ability to mine diamonds, the Colonial Assembly (their version of a consulate) and the Black Market Bazzar, which roughly falls between a Mass Driver and a Galactic Freight, but with a few more trade options.  The LIS will be getting the ability to produce some other stuff too that regular United Earth doesn't, you can see hints of it if you look closely in the game.  The Zolarg gained the ability to harvest wood and a much needed upgrade to their power plant.  They will soon be getting aluminum mining capabilities as well.  I didn't spend much time on United Earth this time, only adding a new Statue which is essentially a tie-in item to the upcoming Death 3d game, solidifying the fact that the two games appear in the same universe, story-wise.

There were probably some other changes in there that I overlooked.  Let me know what kind of bugs/issues you find so I can get them corrected for v0.38.0!

And speaking of 0.38.0, it's going to be a pretty fun update.  Among other fun things that I am not prepared to announce yet, one new feature being added is the concept of Embassies and diplomacy/trade between independent colonies.  This is the first step towards implementing in-game federations, so it's an important addition to the game.  When two colonies are linked together diplomatically, as in each colony has an embassy built for the other colony, they will be able to send each other gifts/messages, etc, pretty much the same way that parent/child colonies within a commonwealth can do now.  It will even work between United Earth/LIS/Zolarg colonies.  This way if you have several main colonies, you can exchange resources without having to take a chance in positing a cheap trade on the GBT or something.

Beyond the embassies, there are a few cool new things coming in the next update that are going to probably have an impact on GBT prices.  I will give this early tip to the loyal forum readers: stock up on Uranium, Antanium, and Robots!

That's it for now, stay tuned for more!
Owner of Ape Apps

My Main Colony: Domination
https://www.my-colony.com/colonies/jGTKNfWT/
Woo. Big Grin

I actually was messing with the wood harvesting bugs earlier.
a better power generation option was needed since alot of my map was covered with sugar burners.
as well as wood having a use now.

time to mine diamond!!! and engage in lucrative opportunities
Thank you so much.
I hope the best for you with this game Smile
sorry for my rant earlier.

Ah no indepedence for LIS yet? Good update nonetheless, i do have a feeling colonists take longer to find jobs. Ive seen occasions where my buildings arent staffed and after a hard reload they are staffed. Ive only experienced this on the LIS Abandoned world. It says 300 unemployed and 133/233 working while i have over 600 jobs.

Also on LIS, the bots stop building in the middle of the building process.
When I click on buildings it doesn´t show the menu for the workers or selling. Have this with multiple buildings on LIS even after doing a couple of hard reloads

[Image: KLrEVGT.png]
(06-06-2017, 09:21 PM)nunez499 Wrote: Ah no indepedence for LIS yet? Good update nonetheless, i do have a feeling colonists take longer to find jobs. Ive seen occasions where my buildings arent staffed and after a hard reload they are staffed. Ive only experienced this on the LIS Abandoned world. It says 300 unemployed and 133/233 working while i have over 600 jobs.

When I click on buildings it doesn´t show the menu for the workers or selling. Have this with multiple buildings on LIS even after doing a couple of hard reloads

There are already bug report threads for both of these issues.

Also, there is independence for LIS.  I have an independent LIS colony.
FAQ  -  Suggestion Index

First Future Federation Member.  Click HERE to join.
(06-06-2017, 10:17 PM)Patchdaddy Wrote:
(06-06-2017, 09:21 PM)nunez499 Wrote: Ah no indepedence for LIS yet? Good update nonetheless, i do have a feeling colonists take longer to find jobs. Ive seen occasions where my buildings arent staffed and after a hard reload they are staffed. Ive only experienced this on the LIS Abandoned world. It says 300 unemployed and 133/233 working while i have over 600 jobs.

There are already bug report threads for both of these issues.

Also, there is independence for LIS.  I have an independent LIS colony.
Sorry didnt notice.

I like the new tech, vehicle and buildings. The Problem is the new rule that some building that requires colonist without some access will deactivate. Im asking why my Large water tank and oil tank are deactivated even it thus not need some colonist to run . It has no accessible way to get in there place.. But my cellar and large silo are not affected. Is this a bug or mis guided code?
[Image: 2e3my3q.png]
You Hold Your World
Colonial Chapter Code: tlY0OW6w

(06-08-2017, 02:58 PM)aldonezz Wrote: I like the new tech, vehicle and buildings. The Problem is the new rule that some building that requires colonist without some access will deactivate. Im asking why my Large water tank and oil tank are deactivated even it thus not need some colonist to run . It has no accessible way to get in there place.. But my cellar and large silo are not affected. Is this a bug or mis guided code?
I wanted to post it in the bug forum, but thanks for this
Leader of  Commonwealth of Ottoich (CoO), Member of FFF
CharterCode: SU7sDQFn
Ohh, I think its' because the large water tank can also act as a drop-off point for Water Bot harvesters, and they cannot access the tank. I hadn't considered that
Owner of Ape Apps

My Main Colony: Domination
https://www.my-colony.com/colonies/jGTKNfWT/
(06-08-2017, 05:07 PM)bastecklein Wrote: Ohh, I think its' because the large water tank can also act as a drop-off point for Water Bot harvesters, and they cannot access the tank.  I hadn't considered that

it's also with the Regolith Compacter on the moon.
Leader of  Commonwealth of Ottoich (CoO), Member of FFF
CharterCode: SU7sDQFn