Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My Colony 0.35.0 Release Notes
Welcome everybody to this weeks update.  0.35.0 is primarily a content release.  The only changes I did to the actual code were bug fix related, and a small reduction in game save sizes.  But yeah, beyond that this was a content update, including the beginning of the 3rd 'faction,' the League of Independent States.  Here's what's new:

My Colony v0.35.0 Changelog

New Stuff
  • New Civilization: League of Independent States
  • New Planet Types: Asteroid, Abandoned World
  • New Resource: Diamonds
  • New Tech: Ore Enrichment
  • New Vehicle: LIS Rover
  • New Structures: LIS Lander, Ancient Statue, Ancient Temple, Medium Stadium, Grass Scrub, Yellow Sand, Orange Sand, Quantum Oil Tank, Food Processing Sweatshop, Artificial Sweetner Factory, Ore Enrichment Facility
  • New Ad-Free Content: LIS Flag, White Flag, Black Flag, Green House, Golden Sign
Changes
  • Small stat tweaks to the Wet Mound and Sugar Farm.  New stats only impact new buildings, existing ones aren't affected.
Notes

This update introduces the beginning phases of the League of Independent States civilization.  This new civ is a rugged breakaway Human civilization.  They broke away from United Earth years ago, before the mass colonization of the galaxy began.  As such, they are located fairly close to United Earth in Sector -1,-2, and it will not be long before U.E. and LIS colonies are occupying territory in the same sectors.

The tech tree for LIS is incomplete, as are their two starting worlds.  The Astroid world is simi-playable in early stages, but it will eventually become hard to progress with the current lack of Aluminum, although new structures will be coming to mitigate that fact.  The Abandoned World is more playable, and also starts with a few Ancient Alien structures.  There will eventually be more Ancient Alien starting structures, including some abandoned housing units.  The Abandoned World planets were former colonies of the mysterious species who left Alien Artifacts strewn about the galaxy.  More to come of that later.

Note that the Ancient Temple and Ancient Statue are abandoned world only structures, and cannot be built by the player.

On the Human side, we now have the ability to create Sugar out of Oil and Aluminum.  Yum.  May cause cancer, but it still tastes ok.  There is also a new mega food processing plant that creates food like a boss, with an input of Sugar.  There were also a string of decorative structures added, provided by this thread in the suggestions thread: http://forum.ape-apps.com/showthread.php?tid=3756  I plan to add more of those in the next update as well.

On Team Zolarg, there is a new Ore Enrichment building that converts 1 ore into 20.  This makes for a good compliment to the relatively weak-sauce mining operation.  Eventually there will be a similar structure for Gold.  Zolarg also get the ability to build the Golden Sign decoration.  

Beyond those, five new premium-only decorations were added.

Before working on the next My Colony release, I am going to be doing a big content update for Antiquitas, so look forward to that in the coming days.  Plan on starting a new map, because new resources will be added, along with several new techs and buildings.

Finally, in My Colony 0.36.0, look forward to more LIS content.  Also, Zolarg will be getting a better power plant and Aluminum harvesting capabilities.  New human content will be derived from the Game Suggestions forum.

As always, keep the suggestions and feedback coming, and thanks for playing My Colony!
Owner of Ape Apps

My Main Colony: Domination
https://www.my-colony.com/colonies/jGTKNfWT/
What about Crime? will that be added soon? Thanks for the update Bast!
[Image: KLDrCHL.png]
The Nations of Oz Federation

A new player and need a commonwealth?
Join Emerald City, Charter Code EfbgdYs6
Quote "There is also a new mega food processing plant that creates food like a boss, with the input of sugar". Yup, didn't realize that until after I built 20+ of them... that's like 5-6 million Food in about a minute with all workers, lol.
(05-12-2017, 06:29 AM)Gavini811 Wrote: Quote "There is also a new mega food processing plant that creates food like a boss, with the input of sugar". Yup, didn't realize that until after I built 20+ of them... that's like 5-6 million Food in about a minute with all workers, lol.

I built 1 , deleted over 30 Fish Hatcheries.
[Image: KLDrCHL.png]
The Nations of Oz Federation

A new player and need a commonwealth?
Join Emerald City, Charter Code EfbgdYs6
nice update Bast just got in from work and about to boot up the update Big Grin

over here we used to have an advert for the crunchie chocolate bar "you got that friday feeling?" that's what it's tagline was .... my colony now has that Big Grin ,

Think the next tier of stadium should be bigger say same as the park maybe? so there's a mixture of sizes /sports

-----------

on the new worlds will there also be user generated graphics like on the human one ? also zolargs are they off limits too?

I kept forgetting to ask about them the poor un-noticed anty souls

nearly forgot and yes Neo ... im soo sick of fish sticks and potatos Big Grin
Charter code: U0EGvy8e
[Image: yu-toddi-sig2.png]
I started an abandonned world, it's great, but can it have a better alien artifact production in dig sites as it was for sure an alien world ?

And also... You said diamonds ?! Where ? For who/what ?
Dunno about anyone else.....

Personally I am enjoying the no GBT/ no Upkeep angle of this map. More difficult in some ways, easier in others.

[Image: KLrEVGT.png]
Just a question has when will be added waste management?
That's up to the developer. He's got months' worth of work to do right now, so don't get too hasty!
I tought that food procesing sweatshop can produce Rum, Rum outflow for Medium Stadium is so high, so I have to build over than 20 new destillery for make Rum inflow