Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
0.35.0 Preview
I haven't started 0.35.0 yet, but I already though of what is going to be in it, so I decided to post a preview here so you know what to look forward to.

The update will mostly be content focused, with new structures for Zolarg Empire and United Earth.  But in addition, there is a new faction being added to the game, the League of Independent States.

The League of Independent States (L.I.S.) is another civilization you can pick when you start a new colony.  They are also Human, so their structures, vehicles, and tech tree will be nearly identical to Humans, but with a few differences.  On the galactic map, they will be a little further out from United Earth, and they will have new planet types that are a little more desolate, kind of like the Lunar map.

You can think of the L.I.S. civ as a separatist faction living on the outskirts of civilization, fighting for United Earth's scraps.  Their maps will be harder than United Earth and Zolarg, for advanced players.  The only difference is that they will gain civics fairly quickly, for faster independence.  I am planning on a uranium wasteland map, an unstable world with natural disasters, and if it's not too hard to implement, an abandoned colony world, but I will have to see on that one.

The new faction should be pretty easy to implement, since a lot will be recycled from the United Earth team.
Owner of Ape Apps

My Main Colony: Domination
https://www.my-colony.com/colonies/jGTKNfWT/
separatist faction?
[Image: 562faa459f8e5.jpeg]

uranium wasteland map sounds fantastic
maybe one of the side effects is colonists slowly lose health...as if they're homeless...and if you're homeless...eg...not living in some sort of lead plated house...they'll suffer even faster health lose due to radiation sickness?

hey maybe a nice challenge could be to clear up irradiated waste zones that are hazardous to colonists that live and work in the area.
another challenge to terraforming

maybe lead could be a resource? 
build lead walls to block some radiation...alpha and beta particles but no the gamma rays...so it'll still have some effect but its better than leaving colonists fully exposed.

maybe a type of tech could be rad purger.
oh...maybe instead of energy and health they could have radiation level? the higher it is the faster their health deteriorates also an indicator of how irradiated their home and workplace is.

maybe a power source that collects radiation like a solar panel but has to be put near waste zones.

yes im thinking too much fallout now but still exciting stuff.
I'll gladly welcome the challenge when it arrives.
I smell living corpses with little baby Lv Xenos in them.........
Charter code: U0EGvy8e
[Image: yu-toddi-sig2.png]
Cool. Looking forward to new planet types to devour Smile
I'm building out a game guide / tutorial on youtube. You can find it here:

My Colony - Youtube game guide / tutorial

My commonwealth (Proxima Alpha) charter code is: PWDm77jG
Yay, abandoned world! Smile and its not april fool's day
With all the radiation on the new world, you could have advanced medical blds or research to account for the extreme living conditions they have to endure. I recall a star trek voyager episode called the Phage with a race called the Vidiians who fit this model well. Just a thought.
This sounds really cool! Just as a question, will these worlds be able to be used in united earth commonwealths or no?
The charter code for Eternal Crowned Republic of all time is: vn33kdXH 
(05-05-2017, 03:56 PM)time Wrote: This sounds really cool! Just as a question, will these worlds be able to be used in united earth commonwealths or no?

Probably not
Owner of Ape Apps

My Main Colony: Domination
https://www.my-colony.com/colonies/jGTKNfWT/
well honestly i think the 50 tile walk limit is to short 75 minim would make it not so hard using big houses ( besides it makes it darn near impossible to separate industry from tourists and park ares .
 who wants a refinery right next to there house anyway ?
 In simcity 4 taht is what made them protest and riit  lol .
 You know bast there is enough stuff and i can make the niests citys now parks and even a stadium a regular city I hate the idea of putting refinrys in that area .
      This game doesnt have to be about Massive resource gathering ( to me it isnt it doesnt take massive amounts unless you just want massive amounts .
  why with just 3 k colonoists i can have Every resource and every building in teh game in just a few days . Expecialy now taht the space elavator makes it easy to get money .
      anyway Way to much cool stuff now to just do massive resiurce gathering a nice forest surrounded city with a few far area for power plants and what not
 persoinly I enjoy teh building part Not wating around to gather resources .
 Ps dude this game is now mainstream every ones whos anyone knows about it lol . So hows it feel being famis ?
Give it chance It's not even 10 month old this is getting the ship ready to sail time, it is about res gathering for now because of what is everyone thinks is coming next ...

So get your colonies fat and juicy you will need it!
Charter code: U0EGvy8e
[Image: yu-toddi-sig2.png]