Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Colony 0.34.0 Release Notes
Another week, another update!  This update finally makes Zolarg commonwealths a viable option, as well as bringing some small refinements across the game that have been needed for some time.  Keep the suggestions and bug reports coming for future updates, but until then, here is what's new!

My Colony v0.34.0 Changelog

New Stuff
  • New Structures: High Command, Supply Pile, Command Post, Consulate Level 5, Small Stadium, Synthetic Textile Mill
  • New Techs: Insectoid Governance, Xenomaterials Research
  • New Policies: Auto Budget, Commonwealth Information, Commonwealth Payroll Assistance
  • Clicking on the Homeless statistic will now show all homeless colonists
  • Added a printable users manual to the Encyclopedia screen
  • Added the option to pin save file shortcuts to the desktop/homescreen
  • Zolarg will no longer have human names
Changes
  • Added more info (plus some minor cleanup) to the Encyclopedia screens
  • Stat tweaks to the Ancient Alien Condenser
  • When Game Compression fails during save, instead of just hanging on the save screen, the game will automatically disable compression and just save non-compressed
  • When starting a new colony under a charter, you will now see extended information on each of the random mother colonies that the game presents you with
Additional Notes

The main focus on this update was in rolling out commonwealths for Zolarg colonies.  They now have the High Command and Command Post structures, which are their versions of the Capitol and Consulate.  They also gain a small 'warehouse' type building in the Supply Pile, which is able to store Human goods as well as Zolarg ones, to facilitate Altar of Commerce (the Zolarg GBT) trades.

The Humans get a vastly upgraded textile mill which is also their first structure to use Zolarg materials.  When fully staffed it produces quite a bit more than the normal textile mill, but requires a steady flow of Ant Paste which you will need to purchase from the GBT.  It also requires Antanium for construction.  Eventually both resources will probably be in the space elevator too for offline players.

I started working on a printable owners manual, but it's still far from finished.  I always like having a physical copy of things, so I'm putting it in there, idk if anybody else will use it or not lol.  I will keep adding to it with each update, and suggestions are welcome.  To me it's just cool to be able to print out a reference guide right from your Android or iPhone.  I mean, how many other games have that feature, lol.  It's the little things.

There were rendering improvements made as well.  For instance you can now put flags in front of a capitol.  However, the changes introduced new rendering issues that still need to be addressed.  I am eventually going to have to split each image into tiny sections before rendering them based on their distance from the player, but such is life when making an isometric perspective game like this using 2d images.  It's on the to-do list, so you don't necessarily need to report the rendering issues in the bugs section.

In the Policies screen, Commonwealth leaders have a couple of new tools.  You can now input a 100 character 'Sales Pitch' message of sorts that will show up on the charter listing when people start a new colony.  You can use it to briefly explain the benefits of your commonwealth.  You can now also set the payroll assistance percentage that you will pay out to your colonies.  You can go as low as 0% or as high as, well there is no hard coded limit.  You could do 100,000% if you wanted, but I wouldn't advise it.

As for the next update, I am not 100% sure what kind of content I will do, but I will also be adding in the ability to set the tax rate for your commonwealth colonies as well.  Beyond that, I haven't thought of it yet.  I've got a few other apps to work on the rest of this week and next before I come back to My Colony, so it will be a week or so before I get started.

Finally, I'd just like to say that work continues on Antiquitas beta, which is benefiting from the updates to the My Colony engine, and vice versa.  You might notice that Antiquitas in some ways has more polish than My Colony given its early stages.  This is because Antiquitas isn't designed to be a rolling update type game like My Colony is.  I hope to have Antiquitas completed and released as v1.0.0 to all app stored by the end of the summer, so the polish in that game has to come earlier than I otherwise would.  Either way, you can check out the current progress here:

https://www.apewebapps.com/antiquitas/

As always, thanks for playing My Colony and stay tuned for more!
Owner of Ape Apps

My Main Colony: Domination
https://www.my-colony.com/colonies/jGTKNfWT/
Awesome!
Speaking of the future of the Zolarg-human relationship, will it still be possible to continue playing without getting any Zolarg resources, with the Zolarg buildings just being extra/optional?
Or will you at some point make buildings at some point that you need to get through, which you will desperately need Zolarg resources for?
[Image: KLrEVGT.png]
To help new players stay longer with the game, since we all see a lot of ppl quitting after 10sec, maybe we should add a small tutorial to the game.
[Image: 0HNanx1.png]
(05-04-2017, 07:20 AM)nunez499 Wrote: To help new players stay longer with the game, since we all see a lot of ppl quitting after 10sec, maybe we should add a small tutorial to the game.

yeah i know
Owner of Ape Apps

(05-04-2017, 04:48 AM)Randium Wrote: Awesome!
Speaking of the future of the Zolarg-human relationship, will it still be possible to continue playing without getting any Zolarg resources, with the Zolarg buildings just being extra/optional?
Or will you at some point make buildings at some point that you need to get through, which you will desperately need Zolarg resources for?

it will never be a requirement to advance i dont think.  I mean look how far you can get already without any zolarg stuff
Owner of Ape Apps

haha lmao the zolarg names are random dutch words!!! :----)))) 
i think for other people they think: well that's just a name for an extra terrestrial creature, but for me it is really really weird every time
(05-04-2017, 04:32 PM)ilja615 Wrote: haha lmao the zolarg names are random dutch words!!! :----)))) 
i think for other people they think: well that's just a name for an extra terrestrial creature, but for me it is really really weird every time

You can thank Randium for that.
FAQ  -  Suggestion Index

First Future Federation Member.  Click HERE to join.
(05-04-2017, 02:07 AM)bastecklein Wrote: The Humans get a vastly upgraded textile mill which is also their first structure to use Zolarg materials.  When fully staffed it produces quite a bit more than the normal textile mill, but requires a steady flow of Ant Paste which you will need to purchase from the GBT.  It also requires Antanium for construction.  Eventually both resources will probably be in the space elevator too for offline players.

except there is no way to obtain antanium from the GBT. few people are selling and the price is too high to be affordable for the average player. I doubt that will change in the near future since zolarg has an absolute monopoly on antanium and ant paste
(05-04-2017, 06:53 PM)Gruyter Wrote:
(05-04-2017, 02:07 AM)bastecklein Wrote: The Humans get a vastly upgraded textile mill which is also their first structure to use Zolarg materials.  When fully staffed it produces quite a bit more than the normal textile mill, but requires a steady flow of Ant Paste which you will need to purchase from the GBT.  It also requires Antanium for construction.  Eventually both resources will probably be in the space elevator too for offline players.

except there is no way to obtain antanium from the GBT. few people are selling and the price is too high to be affordable for the average player. I doubt that will change in the near future since zolarg has an absolute monopoly on antanium and ant paste

Maybe you're right, maybe you're wrong.  I think day 1 is too early to declare all is lost though.  If it turns out that there are never any Antanium deals on the GBT then adjustments can be made.  The game is in beta and nothing is final.
Owner of Ape Apps

(05-04-2017, 06:53 PM)Gruyter Wrote:

You´re right, but you also have to take in consideration there arent that many Zolarg players. And of those only a few have a decent self sustaining colony. Give it time it will get better

where do i find the settings for payroll assistance? i can only see the autobudget.
[Image: 0HNanx1.png]