Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cloth: the new aluminum / gold / platinum
Am I doing wrong something wrong cause my colony is telling me to get bent in regards to cloth production.  Will this be changed or should I just get cozy with building nothing but textile mills from here out?
I've a rather modest colony of 11k pop.

I probably have close to 30 textile mills. I'd say get used to it mate.

[Image: KLrEVGT.png]
(04-29-2017, 02:31 AM)Oatlord Wrote: Am I doing wrong something wrong cause my colony is telling me to get bent in regards to cloth production.  Will this be changed or should I just get cozy with building nothing but textile mills from here out?

The game needs to develop in terms towards more endgame resources. Cloth plastic and robots will be used more and more as you get into the later stages of the game. You dont need to progress any further in the game if you dont want to so its really up to you
(04-29-2017, 09:02 PM)kunal1234 Wrote:
(04-29-2017, 02:31 AM)Oatlord Wrote: Am I doing wrong something wrong cause my colony is telling me to get bent in regards to cloth production.  Will this be changed or should I just get cozy with building nothing but textile mills from here out?

The game needs to develop in terms towards more endgame resources. Cloth plastic and robots will be used more and more as you get into the later stages of the game. You dont need to progress any further in the game if you dont want to so its really up to you

Oh I heart this game tremendously, but I'm wondering if cloth is the bottleneck more than aluminum even.  I have in excess of twenty mills and am barely netting 40.  The biggest draw is a sweatshop I made pre-cloth discovery.  Do most people commonwealth to overcome or is 100+ my mill target range?

Alternate question:  all my resources are self-sustaining.  Independence time and then new colonies underneath?

Thanks!
The aluminum/uranium/power/microchip/alien artifact bottleneck has you very limited on five resources while trying to boost all five. Therefore, it takes an extremely long time to get each one boosted to the point where you have enough resources to start boosting the others.

For cloth, there's only one limitation and that's however many Ultra Deep Dig Sites you have. The more you have, the exponentially faster you produce cloth, and you only need one ultra deep dig site to eventually get to the point where you're making 1000 cloth per second (if you're willing to wait that long). Cloth doesn't feel like a bottleneck at all comparatively.
(04-30-2017, 02:24 PM)Flarebrass Wrote: For cloth, there's only one limitation and that's however many Ultra Deep Dig Sites you have.  The more you have, the exponentially faster you produce cloth, and you only need one ultra deep dig site to eventually get to the point where you're making 1000 cloth per second (if you're willing to wait that long).  Cloth doesn't feel like a bottleneck at all comparatively.

Ultra Deep Dig Sites produce alien artifacts and clay, not cloth.
FAQ  -  Suggestion Index

First Future Federation Member.  Click HERE to join.
Sorry, let me flesh that out. The only thing you need to produce cloth is wool, and the more sheep farms you have, the faster you can produce wool and get to cloth. Sheep farms, textile mills, and brick factories require clay to produce, so the only bottleneck someone should be hitting by the time they want to start cloth production should be their clay production, i.e. Ulta Deep Dig Sites.

If they start building clay structures before they have a sizable aluminum/uranium/microchip/power/artifact chain, then they'll never make any progress on their clay production which gives rise to the limitations on cloth.

During the entire tech chain from pre-wool to cloth, the only things consumed are water, power, and workers, meaning that clay will speed up the tech chain by allowing more sheep farms, brick factories, textile mills, etc.
(04-30-2017, 11:14 PM)Flarebrass Wrote: Sorry, let me flesh that out.  The only thing you need to produce cloth is wool, and the more sheep farms you have, the faster you can produce wool and get to cloth.  Sheep farms, textile mills, and brick factories require clay to produce, so the only bottleneck someone should be hitting by the time they want to start cloth production should be their clay production, i.e. Ulta Deep Dig Sites.

If they start building clay structures before they have a sizable aluminum/uranium/microchip/power/artifact chain, then they'll never make any progress on their clay production which gives rise to the limitations on cloth.

During the entire tech chain from pre-wool to cloth, the only things consumed are water, power, and workers, meaning that clay will speed up the tech chain by allowing more sheep farms, brick factories, textile mills, etc.

you can build clay mines so i dont think there really is much of a bottleneck. If you were to start a new colony now you would be more focused on building a balanced base that would produce evenly. As a player who joined the game when the only bottleneck was aluminum I think that i put more focus on those resources and put no focus on outputing plastic and cloth. Now as we are seeing the usefulness of these resources I am starting to give it significance and am feeling that it is a bit slower. The game still has a lot of balancing to be done and I think that its good that it takes a ton of time to build late game buildings as they are much better than the early game buildings.