Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My Colony 0.33.0 Release Notes
Today I am putting out a smaller-than-normal update to My Colony, but there are some important bug fixes that need to go out to mobile devices, particularly iOS, so I didn't want to sink too much time into this update.  This release cleans up a lot of the rough edges that were introduced in the last update, and also brings the Zolarg into the GBT, and also places them in their region of the galaxy.  Here is a look at what's new:

My Colony v0.33.0 Changelog

New Stuff
  • New Structures: Investment Bank, Steel Yard, Subterranean Charcoal Cavern, Altar of Commerce
  • New Techs: Galactic Finance Theory, Zolarg Communications
  • New Policy: Commonwealth Edict (Send a mass-message to all of your sub colonies at once)
  • 'Rewarded' Video: I hated to add another ad to the game, but this one is sort of minor and optional, and it might help raise more funds for continued development.  Every once in a while, the Evil Galactic Emperor will give you the option to watch a video ad in exchange for a random amount of a random resource (between 500-5000).  It silently shows up in your inbox, so its not a popup or anything, and you can ignore this feature if you want, with no adverse impact to your game
Changes
  • Altered the sell price of several early-game structures (human)
  • 'Good' GBT deals will now always show up higher in the list than 'Bad' ones
  • 'User Online' notifications will now disappear after 15 seconds
  • On touch devices, the 'Paint' feature for roads has been removed.  I have designed a completely new system for chaining together road builds, that I think you will find is 50x better
  • Zolarg now have their own sector of the galaxy ( https://www.my-colony.com/map/zolarg.html ) 
  • Lowered building repair requirements, and slowed down decay rate
  • Other small tweaks
  • Several Human buildings have been expanded with storage capabilities for the various Zolarg specific resources
On top of the above, there were also several bug fixes and performance improvements (as usual).

There were also some minor behavior changes that I added to harvesters/builders.  At the beginning of the game when you only have your 1 Rover and it is out Harvesting, and if you build a new structure that you can afford, the Rover will stop harvesting and build the structure, and then go back to harvesting.  I felt like it was confusing for players at the beginning, especially on web/desktop, where they were trying to build structures from the Sidebar and nothing was happening.

The three new human buildings in this release were all taken straight from the Game Suggestions page, and I plan on using a few more in the next release.  If you are creative, this is a cool way to get your ideas into the game, and really help shape the direction of My Colony.  

During the next update, I will focus pretty much primarily on Zolarg independence and commonwealth building, since it needs to happen soon.  Humans will also be able to start using Zolarg building materials, particularly Antanium, so you Zolarg colonies who are the first to get Antanium production onto the market might be able to bring in some good coin.

The concepts of Crime and Education will also be coming into play soon.  The framework for Education is already built in to the colonist stats, I just need to implement it.  Certain jobs will require certain IQ levels, and you will be able to build IQ-giving buildings that will operate in a similar manner to entertainment venues.

As for crime, the various in-game crimes will be murder (kills another colonies), theft (steals your resources), property damage, and drug use (which also steals some of your resources).  For drug use, each species has a different preferred drug.  For humans, it will be Ant Paste, and for insectoids, it will be Wood.  To go with crime, there will be prison buildings that will need to be build in order to house criminals.  If you don't have enough prisons, they will roam free.  I am also adding the ability to transfer prisoners between commonwealth planets (exchanged for a recurring holding fee), so that if one colony wanted to be the penal colony, they can do that.

Anyway, the update is on web now and will be pushed out to mobile tomorrow morning (this evening if i have time).  Hope you enjoy, post issues here, and thanks fo
Owner of Ape Apps

My Main Colony: Domination
https://www.my-colony.com/colonies/jGTKNfWT/
Sweeeeet. A real challenge trying to keep prisoners "happy". Should be most entertaining.

[Image: KLrEVGT.png]
(04-28-2017, 12:12 AM)bastecklein Wrote: On touch devices, the 'Paint' feature for roads has been removed.  I have designed a completely new system for chaining together road builds, that I think you will find is 50x better

Did this make it to the Win10 mobile version? I still seem to have to tap every square to build a road.
Overall, great update, and thanks for all your work!
(04-28-2017, 12:12 AM)bastecklein Wrote:
  • 'Rewarded' Video: I hated to add another ad to the game, but this one is sort of minor and optional, and it might help raise more funds for continued development.  Every once in a while, the Evil Galactic Emperor will give you the option to watch a video ad in exchange for a random amount of a random resource (between 500-5000).  It silently shows up in your inbox, so its not a popup or anything, and you can ignore this feature if you want, with no adverse impact to your game

John's Fish Calls....  HAHAHAHAHAHA
FAQ  -  Suggestion Index

First Future Federation Member.  Click HERE to join.
PSA: Landing Pads and Silos no longer sell for money. I'll have to figure out the next best way to get money in my speedruns and make a post about it.
(04-28-2017, 12:13 PM)eejit Wrote:
(04-28-2017, 12:12 AM)bastecklein Wrote: On touch devices, the 'Paint' feature for roads has been removed.  I have designed a completely new system for chaining together road builds, that I think you will find is 50x better

Did this make it to the Win10 mobile version? I still seem to have to tap every square to build a road.
Overall, great update, and thanks for all your work!

It should be in every version, although I don't have a Windows 10 mobile device to test it out with :Undecided

Like the Windows 10 (store) desktop version though, the Win10 mobile version gets live updates straight from the server, so you might need to reload a few times to get the latest code
Owner of Ape Apps

(04-28-2017, 01:01 PM)Patchdaddy Wrote:
(04-28-2017, 12:12 AM)bastecklein Wrote:

John's Fish Calls....  HAHAHAHAHAHA

lol yes
Owner of Ape Apps

Heads up, just put out patch 0.33.1 to Android to deal with force closings on Android devices lower than v6.0
Owner of Ape Apps

I'm happy you added an optional way of seeing a video instead of having it appear unwanted.
the recourse bonus is a great way as well of encouraging players to watch them without getting angry

Crime and Education
sounds exciting! Big Grin
I love this idea, it would make the game more interesting. So for the road building, is it like on the desktop where you click on a tile then click on another tile and the road appears between? Also, when I select a structure, the required resources appear outside the map, and is quite distracting.