Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wood on red planet
Oh wow, thanks for all your Feedback. Atm i have 14 tree farms and painting many lines of trees. It's enough for the moment.

(04-21-2017, 08:08 PM)Amorphus Wrote: Tree farms are good if you have a bunch. I would say use the above tree harvesting strategy to fuel your tree farm production. Dont rely on one or two tree farms to make more tree farms at first, you want to have at least 30 tree farms before you stop manually harvesting trees. Then you can use your tree farms to pump out another 70, which give you 100 tree farms and 500 wood per tree farm round. If you want to get crazy and have lots of space still, build another 100 and you will never run out of wood, and you will have plenty to sell.

I'm playing on medium Map, so i don't have the Space for so many farms.
(04-22-2017, 04:51 PM)Hati27 Wrote: Oh wow, thanks for all your Feedback. Atm i have 14 tree farms and painting many lines of trees. It's enough for the moment.

(04-21-2017, 08:08 PM)Amorphus Wrote: Tree farms are good if you have a bunch. I would say use the above tree harvesting strategy to fuel your tree farm production. Dont rely on one or two tree farms to make more tree farms at first, you want to have at least 30 tree farms before you stop manually harvesting trees. Then you can use your tree farms to pump out another 70, which give you 100 tree farms and 500 wood per tree farm round. If you want to get crazy and have lots of space still, build another 100 and you will never run out of wood, and you will have plenty to sell.

I'm playing on medium Map, so i don't have the Space for so many farms.

then do what i suggested
have a line of trees you can plant and harvest
a line of road so rovers move the fastest
have some charcoal making buildings dotted along this line
another line of roads
another line of trees

that way you can harvest wood rather quickly
still takes some micromanaging but its a quick way of gathering wood.
Why charcoal buildings? they consume wood, they don´t store wood.
Tree farms, lumbermill and lumberyard store wood.

[Image: KLrEVGT.png]
The bots can drop off at the hut
as pegster said bots can drop off wood at the charcoal hut and factory.

since they're 1x1 they can be easily placed near the tree line i've suggested

this is my method.might not be the best but i can replant those trees quickly and harvest them quicker. since the bots can instantly drop off harvested wood.
[Image: 89XATMt.png]