Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wood on red planet
Hey guys,

can someone give me hint pls, what is the best way for a massive wood production on red planet? Huh
Tree farms
Common Wealth of "MAARA" : JO1B0OJX

[Image: KLrEVGT.png]
Short of replanting fir trees every time they are harvested your only option at present is tree farms.
FAQ  -  Suggestion Index

First Future Federation Member.  Click HERE to join.
(04-21-2017, 09:50 AM)Patchdaddy Wrote: Short of replanting fir trees every time they are harvested your only option at present is tree farms.

Undecided  thanks. i hoped that there is a better method.
Not yet, but the game is far from finished so who knows what might be added. If you come up with an idea, detail it out and post it.
FAQ  -  Suggestion Index

First Future Federation Member.  Click HERE to join.
fastest way is to literally plant and harvest trees.

my method is to take 5 tiles and do it like
[tree]
[road]
[charcoal hut]
[road]
[tree]

and then dedicate a long stretch of road for that repeating progress
might want to only had 1 or 3 charcoal huts unless you want wood being processed fast.
[tree][tree][tree]
[road][road][road]
[charcoal hut][road][road]
[road][road][road]
[tree][tree][tree]

that way the roads make the rovers move faster
and they can harvest the trees instantly due to being right next to a drop off point...being ether the charcoal hut or upgrade charcoal factory.

the tree farm is.... :/ slow...and tax expensive if you're part of earth.
you could always import wood it really isn't all that expensive compared to other resources
A larger fir tree tile (maybe 4x4 or greater) that can be painted would be good. The problem I find with painting trees is that you have to start in a center and build outwards to avoid building in single rows to prevent blocking.
i tend to make zig zags, but ya its a pain

[Image: KLrEVGT.png]
Tree farms are good if you have a bunch. I would say use the above tree harvesting strategy to fuel your tree farm production. Dont rely on one or two tree farms to make more tree farms at first, you want to have at least 30 tree farms before you stop manually harvesting trees. Then you can use your tree farms to pump out another 70, which give you 100 tree farms and 500 wood per tree farm round. If you want to get crazy and have lots of space still, build another 100 and you will never run out of wood, and you will have plenty to sell.
I avoided the tedium on my latest file by just planting enough trees to get about 1500-2000 wood, then built tree farms as I got the wood to do so. If you want to build a lot faster, then you'll have to manually plant trees constantly.

Once you have about 50 farms, you can keep about 20+ Megabots permanently on Archaeological Dig Site production; until you get to that point, I'd recommend only building tree farms.