Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introducing - Protesting and Rioting
so does this mean the evil empire has lifted the law on ant paste ,ant paste products, the manufacture of ant paste and the public selling of ant paste to the general populace ?

smart move by the evil ones if so the tax $$ they will get will be immense and im sure they will put it to good use building more hospitals and community centres and not that mega super death ray they've been banging on about of late
Charter code: U0EGvy8e
[Image: yu-toddi-sig2.png]
after this update, people relaxing decreased by something like 100x. Is that intended?
How do we prevent protests and how do we minimize protest? I want people happy and working.
Make them happy! Low commute times, entertainment while they're off-duty, enough salary to get some entertainment, not over-the-top workloads.
The big entertainment issue recently isn't due to any changes. It's due to hyperinflation, retirement funds being based on a basket of GBT goods and colonist happiness scaling with money relative to retirement requirement.
If this post was helpful, click Thank.
I run an ongoing competition called Contestualize. You can win up to 800k Artifacts. Join #about_contestualize on discord for details.
Yes its like real life where the people dont like hyperinflation
Owner of Ape Apps

My Main Colony: Domination
https://www.my-colony.com/colonies/jGTKNfWT/
(04-14-2017, 01:25 PM)bastecklein Wrote: Yes its like real life where the people don't like hyperinflation

How much research into real life economic impacts do you put into this?  Is it just based on your real life experiences, or have you done additional research into inflation impacts etc?
I've done no research whatsoever, lol. I mean I had quite a few economics courses in college, but that was a long time ago now. But the game is mainly just trying stuff, seeing what works, tweaking it from there, changing it if its broke, etc.
Owner of Ape Apps

My Main Colony: Domination
https://www.my-colony.com/colonies/jGTKNfWT/
(04-14-2017, 01:42 PM)bastecklein Wrote: I've done no research whatsoever, lol.  I mean I had quite a few economics courses in college, but that was a long time ago now.  But the game is mainly just trying stuff, seeing what works, tweaking it from there, changing it if its broke, etc.

Ah, the joys of Monte Carlo Simulations and Feedback Controllers!  I love how much college teaches you to get the answer right the first time, then you scrap all that math in the real world because those models are too simplistic to work in the real world and the actual math is so much crazier that it's nearly infeasible to even try.