Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introducing - Protesting and Rioting
Starting in 0.32.0, if you have a Consulate or a Capitol building, and you have a lot of unhappiness in your colony, citizens will start to descend on your capitol building and protest.  

Right now they do not damage anything, but when they are protesting they will not go to work.  If the protest becomes large enough, it is considered to be a 'Mass Riot' and other members of the commonwealth will be notified that your colony is in a state of lawlessness.

This gives the player a visual indication of when things are going wrong in the colony.  Eventually when Police and crime are introduced, large riots will cause property damage or even murder.

Owner of Ape Apps

My Main Colony: Domination
https://www.my-colony.com/colonies/jGTKNfWT/
Here is kind of an example of what other colonies will see when somebody in their commonwealth is going downhill fast.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Owner of Ape Apps

I think Bast is under stress. These new updates are all pretty dark. I'm worried.
lol you should be.

well i've decided that police and safety will be added soon, so i've gotta start coming up with crimes.

Protesting is one thing, wait till your colonists start getting high on ant paste...
Owner of Ape Apps

(04-09-2017, 09:54 PM)bastecklein Wrote: Starting in 0.32.0, if you have a Consulate or a Capitol building, and you have a lot of unhappiness in your colony, citizens will start to descend on your capitol building and protest.  

Right now they do not damage anything, but when they are protesting they will not go to work.  If the protest becomes large enough, it is considered to be a 'Mass Riot' and other members of the commonwealth will be notified that your colony is in a state of lawlessness.

This gives the player a visual indication of when things are going wrong in the colony.  Eventually when Police and crime are introduced, large riots will cause property damage or even murder.

This looks really cool!!!
Good additions, gives it a more real life feel to it. Do you have to have colonists rendering activated to notice this?

[Image: KLrEVGT.png]
(04-10-2017, 11:20 AM)nunez499 Wrote: Good additions, gives it a more real life feel to it. Do you have to have colonists rendering activated to notice this?

No.  In the approval rating you can see how many are protesting. But if you want to see the bobbleheads gathered outside your capital or consulate colonist rendering has to be on.
FAQ  -  Suggestion Index

First Future Federation Member.  Click HERE to join.
Nice!! i think will help us some add why theres protesting..
I've always wanted to suggest crime,murder and needing police. Tongue

but it seemed a bit too taxing
but im glad to see something like this.....a great way of colonists not just accepting maximum overtime, heavy tax and little food.
(04-10-2017, 02:29 AM)bastecklein Wrote: lol you should be.

well i've decided that police and safety will be added soon, so i've gotta start coming up with crimes.

Protesting is one thing, wait till your colonists start getting high on ant paste...

HAHAHAHAHAH I don't think i've ever laughed so hard before. ANT PASTE BUAHAAAAAHAAHAHAAHA Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
COME-Join the Prosperous Commonwealth of Torsium 
Charter code - 9gZMnxn6
Formerly known as Sanctus Coloniam