Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
0.32.0 Preview
Users on the web and Windows 10 might have noticed some of the new things coming to v0.32.0, but I thought I would give a preview of what's to come in this thread, since this update will be somewhat large from a technical standpoint, and may take a bit longer to complete.

1. The first big change is the new Galactic Board of Trade which I have been working on the last few days.  I still have a lot of work to do on it, but thanks to upgrades on the server, it now operates in real time.

It is still rough and the layout is not final, but the general idea is there.  The 'news ticker' thing at the bottom will show new offers the instant they are posted to the GBT.  You can click on the offer in the news ticker to make an immediate purchase if you see something you like, so you can get a good deal fast before anybody else does.  Offers in Green are cheaper than the last transaction price, offers in Red are more expensive. Offers that are at half opacity are more expensive than you can afford, or you do not have the storage capacity for.  By the way, you will no longer be able to a) purchase your own GBT trades, or b) purchase a trade that you do not have the storage capacity for.  The GBT will now also allow you to show only trades offered by other colonies in your commonwealth.  Also, there is no longer a limit to how many trades show up on the GBT, so people can no longer squeeze out their competitors by posting a ton of trades.
  2. I have done a lot of work on improving performance for this version, with more still to do.  I have gotten several maps in my inbox at support@ape-apps.com which have helped a ton, and a lot of performance issues related to path finding, harvesting, and construction have been fixed.  Please continue to send laggy maps to support@ape-apps.com because they go a long way towards improving the game.
  3. A lot of new commonwealth updates will be implemented in the next couple of days.  Mother colonies with Galactic Governance tech or higher will now be able to set the tax and wage support rates for their child colonies.  A new Commonwealth window will be added for easier commonwealth communication and management.  There will now be in-game notifications of when new colonies join the commonwealth, when a commonwealth member comes online or goes offline, or when mail from a commonwealth member arrives in the inbox.  Inbox mail will also be instant.  If I have time, I am also going to be adding an option for colonies to create their own flags, in-game.  Idk if I will get to that part yet though.
  4. Server changes coming.  On the server, I will be implementing a galactic map.  The server is going to assign every colony a position on an x,y coordinate system.  United Earth and Zolarg Prime will have their own location.  Colonies started under a galactic charter will be somewhat near their mother colonies, while colonies established under United Earth or Zolarg Prime will just be put in a random location.  Also, colonies which have not been active for 4 months will be removed from the server.  They will be removed in a way that is similar to being banned for cheating, so that if the player does come back, their game will just be in offline mode.  This is so that the galaxy is not crowded with dead worlds.  There will be a purpose to this map in the future.
  5. I am adding a new "Lottery Ticket" policy.  You set the price for a lottery ticket, and then each colonist has a chance to purchase one.  One colonist wins the lottery, and you split the pot 50/50 with the colonist that wins.  It's a way to raise funds like the tax collection, but without making everybody mad. And it makes one colonist really happy.

Anyway, a lot of these changes aren't as exciting as new buildings and whatnot, but I figured it was important to put out an engine and server update this time.  0.33.0 will be another content update though.  That's all for now, feel free to discuss here!
Owner of Ape Apps

My Main Colony: Domination
https://www.my-colony.com/colonies/jGTKNfWT/
Lottery Ticket
>:3

the classic way to silently tax your colonists and get their hopes up.

i remember in the tv series Reaper (TV Series 2007–2009) the person who played Satan said lottery is the governments way to make people willingly tax themselves.

guess there might just be a way a colonist can finally retire without literally working themselves to death....but to be honest i'd say life on a export import factory style colony would get pretty boring fast without a job to keep you occupied.

I'm also really digging that inactive for 4 months colony will be set to offline mode.
might seem a bit generous but we'll see how the stats go in the time to come.
Wow!!! This seems really cool, Personally I didn't want more content or anything but just more mechanics gone in depth a bit more and also better performance because the colony I have is getting lag spikes more frequently now.

Thank You Very Much!!!!

(Cant wait for it to come out on all platforms!)
If this was helpful or you enjoyed this please rate me +1.

http://forum.ape-apps.com/showthread.php?tid=3260&pid=15252#pid15252
AYYYYY Looks good when is the update going live?
but what if your mother planet isn't online for 4 months. then it dissapears, but what happens with you?
(04-08-2017, 08:16 AM)ilja615 Wrote: but what if your mother planet isn't online for 4 months. then it dissapears, but what happens with you?

You will get independence.  

I don't think that would be a common occurrence.  For one, colonies only show up in the random charter list if they have been active in the last day.  Secondly, if you were a child colony and your parent colony has been absent for months already, you probably have either already declared independence, or are basically independent anyway, since you haven't been receiving any payroll assistance anyway.  finally, why would anybody manually type in a charter code from a friend who isn't even playing the game, or advertising their charter to begin with?

Anyway, this situation obviously will happen from time to time, but I just don't think it would be common.
Owner of Ape Apps

(04-08-2017, 10:32 AM)bastecklein Wrote:
(04-08-2017, 08:16 AM)ilja615 Wrote: but what if your mother planet isn't online for 4 months. then it dissapears, but what happens with you?

You will get independence.  

I don't think that would be a common occurrence.  For one, colonies only show up in the random charter list if they have been active in the last day.  Secondly, if you were a child colony and your parent colony has been absent for months already, you probably have either already declared independence, or are basically independent anyway, since you haven't been receiving any payroll assistance anyway.  finally, why would anybody manually type in a charter code from a friend who isn't even playing the game, or advertising their charter to begin with?

Anyway, this situation obviously will happen from time to time, but I just don't think it would be common.

Fair point bastecklein
If this was helpful or you enjoyed this please rate me +1.

http://forum.ape-apps.com/showthread.php?tid=3260&pid=15252#pid15252
On the not allowing trades that we don't have the capacity for.. we need better storage for charcoal and oil, please.. okay?
that can be arranged
Owner of Ape Apps

God, This game is getting better every day! '-'