Poll: Add an option to remove colony without giving independence?
This poll is closed.
Yes
80.00%
8 80.00%
No
20.00%
2 20.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Commonwealth idea... Kicking people out W/o Independence....
i do agree...i remember starting an earth-like plant with the charcoal...i was not 10 minutes into it and granted Independence..kicking an active that just start?

and i was able to make the globe of domination and so so. :/
I am fully in support of an option to automatically send all colonies in your commonwealth aid packages at regular intervals - if you have inactives you don't want to be sending resources to, why would you keep them in your commonwealth?

Another option would be a significant happiness penalty to colonists in an independent colony without enough people. Maybe 1-2k people needed to negate this penalty. This makes sense logically as well - if your in an independent colony all alone with just 10 other people hundreds of light years away from humanity, you most certainly would be lonely and sad. With 2,000 other people it's not nearly so bad.
Obviously this penalty should not apply to sub colonies at all, even if the parent has less than 2,000 people. This doesn't make so much logical sense but is a necessity otherwise newly starting out commonwealths have a big disadvantage.
If this post was helpful, click Thank.
I run an ongoing competition called Contestualize. You can win up to 800k Artifacts. PM me for details.
(04-17-2017, 11:52 PM)Vyryn Wrote: I am fully in support of an option to automatically send all colonies in your commonwealth aid packages at regular intervals - if you have inactives you don't want to be sending resources to, why would you keep them in your commonwealth?

Well the whole point of this post was kicking out colonies that are not active, but not granting them independence...

I ( and a bunch of people who actually play the game) worked hard to build their colonies, get the supplies and cash to claim their independence... So when i look and you have someone who comes in and plays for half a second, then is inactive shouldnt be "rewarded" with independence just cause i kicked them out.. If you get kicked out you should be sent to the Earth CW and if they come back for what ever reason, they still have to earn their independence..

Now, like in the OP, there would be regulations when you can send them to the Earth CW etc, so that new people arnt just getting kicked out cause the MC doesnt want them or what ever the case may be..

This could also be an option for the child colony to be able to move to the Earth CW, if they joined under an inactive MC as well, but are far away from claiming independence.
[Image: 123456ikesplace_2.jpg]
I fully understand where the OP is coming from. However, I think that wanting a colony out of your commonwealth without granting them independence is borderline malicious. If you are publicizing your charter code, you should be ok with anyone in your commonwealth. you always have the option of a private charter code.
I think the alternative suggestions, such as an automatic gift to all colonies to encourage them to want to stay or a happiness penalty to tiny independent colonies, are better solutions, kinder solutions on all sides, and more in line with the dev's vision of the game.
If this post was helpful, click Thank.
I run an ongoing competition called Contestualize. You can win up to 800k Artifacts. PM me for details.
One idea: If you remove a colony, that colony will join the united earth.
(04-19-2017, 01:22 PM)Super100 Wrote: One idea: If you remove a colony, that colony will join the united earth.

Really...? That was the point of the topic...

(04-19-2017, 07:14 AM)Vyryn Wrote: I fully understand where the OP is coming from. However, I think that wanting a colony out of your commonwealth without granting them independence is borderline malicious. If you are publicizing your charter code, you should be ok with anyone in your commonwealth. you always have the option of a private charter code.
I think the alternative suggestions, such as an automatic gift to all colonies to encourage them to want to stay or a happiness penalty to tiny independent colonies, are better solutions, kinder solutions on all sides, and more in line with the dev's vision of the game.

i guess yea.. it just kinda annoying to have so many clogging up my CW..
But is this auto gift coming from my supplies? Cause then again, if its sending it from mine, and i have inactive players.. O_o
(04-19-2017, 04:25 PM)s.iker Wrote:
(04-19-2017, 01:22 PM)Super100 Wrote: One idea: If you remove a colony, that colony will join the united earth.

Really...? That was the point of the topic...

(04-19-2017, 07:14 AM)Vyryn Wrote: I fully understand where the OP is coming from. However, I think that wanting a colony out of your commonwealth without granting them independence is borderline malicious. If you are publicizing your charter code, you should be ok with anyone in your commonwealth. you always have the option of a private charter code.

i guess yea..  it just kinda annoying to have so many clogging up my CW..
But is this auto gift coming from my supplies? Cause then again, if its sending it from mine, and i have inactive players..  O_o
I think that's the idea, but ya i dont think it will solve anything. If ppl are inactive they won't now they recieved anything.
[Image: 0HNanx1.png]
[/quote]
I think that's the idea, but ya i dont think it will solve anything. If ppl are inactive they won't now they recieved anything.
[/quote]

True.. but if its coming from my personal supplies that i work on harvesting..... (seeing as im the head colony.. it would make sense to do it that way... ) and i have say.. 10 sub colonies... and only 2 are active.. (just by example only) and the other 8 never play... and say im sending.. 1000 ore, 1000 gold... etc... times that by 10, and only 2 are active.. well im out 8,000 per x amount of supplies being sent.... that wont be used.. and depending on how often this "auto gifting" takes place.. well..... yea..

like i said im for it... to a certain extent..
It could be set up as a toggle with options:

Auto Gifting: Enable/Disable

You would only be able to choose one of the options below. Enabling one would disable the others.

Gift all colonies: Enable/Disable
Gift new colonies (colonies less than x days old): Enable/Disable
Choose colonies to auto-gift: Enable/Disable
A list of your subs is presented with checkboxes.
FAQ  -  Suggestion Index

First Future Federation Member.  Click HERE to join.
thats cool then