Dismiss this notice
This is an awesome test announcement bar! It will last for one day.

Poll: Add an option to remove colony without giving independence?
This poll is closed.
Yes
80.00%
8 80.00%
No
20.00%
2 20.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[-]
Tags
commonwealth idea kicking people out w o independence

Commonwealth idea... Kicking people out W/o Independence....
Soo over the last few weeks, ive been getting a bunch of people who join under me... (Im assuming through the random selection) And they dont play the game what so ever... Or they try it for 5 mins then are like BYEEEEE...  Dodgy

Not a big deal, but i dont feel to kick them out of my commonwealth, they should be granted independence... That should be something that is earned... I mean, i played and got mine, and so have a bunch of people..... 

Sooo the idea would be that if you get someone who has joined and they are inactive for an X amount of time, and option comes up where you can send that player to the United Earths common wealth.. That way if they come back they still have to earn their independence, but are not clogging up our commonswealth. 

The time would be a standard across the board, and only for inactive players. That way you dont join someone work hard etc, and then all of a sudden poof, your on united earths CW for no reason.. 

And inactive would be no development or something.. that way someone wouldnt just log on for 5 mins and the inactive timer resets or something. 

There would also be a "warning" of some sort for people who start...

"You are joining under "So and such's" CW... You must remain active or your CW has the option to send you to U.E" Yada yada yada..

[Image: UNITEDEARTH.jpg]
[Image: 123456ikesplace_2.jpg]
I agree, it sounds like a good idea!
Another idea that could also go with this too, if one was kicked out of a CW and sent to UE.... one could apply for their original CW that they were kicked out of... Have some amount of "price" and the CW can deny or accept if they want.. this isnt something that i care about if it would get implemented or not.. but just a thought.
I personally agree with it, but it's also been discussed many times and the dev just doesn't want this. But if they don't play, they also won't know they are independent.
[Image: 0HNanx1.png]
true... but say they come back and poof.. independent... Like i said.. people had to work to earn it.. seems kinda silly that one can be granted it...
I agree with the developer that you shouldn't have an option to kick people without granting them independence. However, what I do agree about is that I have experienced players who hope that you will rescind them so that they get independence for a cheap price. This just doesn't feel good.
That's why I think being independent should be way harder than it is right now, it should be very hard to start with a rescinded colony without much help from a mother colony.

Because let's be realistic. If we were to send a colony to Mars and leave them to their own, they probably wouldn't survive for long.
[Image: KLrEVGT.png]
I think that this is a good idea because i have some people who haven't been active since they started the colony they have under my Commonwealth, which is very annoying because i don't want to kick them out and give them independence when they don't deserve it.
What if I made it so that a mother colony can set up an automated supplies delivery that gets send out on an interval to all of their child colonies, and United Earth colonies also get an automated goods package. And if you go independent (or are just kicked out) you get nothing. The goods package could contain new resources or some later-game resources that a new colony simply wouldnt have, and some of the building requirements could be adjusted making it difficult to get by as an independent colony at the start
Owner of Ape Apps

My Main Colony: Domination
https://www.my-colony.com/colonies/jGTKNfWT/
I think a mix of the goods package would be good, but I have noticed that I have received new colony notifications under my commonwealth from people listed under the commonwealth spreadsheet as well (not naming names here). They are active players doing this, so I feel the United Earth option is also warranted as well.
I understand this is a Beta, but that also means people are testing the boundaries any way they can to gain an advantage. Possibly only grant this option once a certain tech level has been achieved at the Capitol or certain number of sub colonies has been gained.

Just a thought.
(04-09-2017, 08:18 PM)bastecklein Wrote: What if I made it so that a mother colony can set up an automated supplies delivery that gets send out on an interval to all of their child colonies, and United Earth colonies also get an automated goods package. And if you go independent (or are just kicked out) you get nothing. The goods package could contain new resources or some later-game resources that a new colony simply wouldnt have, and some of the building requirements could be adjusted making it difficult to get by as an independent colony at the start

that would be cool... but then would you be able to select who gets supplies... Going back on the inactive colonys, i dont want to be sending all my colonies supplies when only 2 are active... That was the point of kicking them out but not granting independence.

NOW dont get me wrong... some of the top dog colonies who have a plethora of active colonies that would work... for me not so much....

***That is.. if this supplies comes out of the resourse of the mother colony...