Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My Business Empire Upcoming Features Roadmap
So I have just completed work on the latest update to My Business empire which includes bug fixes, UI changes, and one new business you can build (the Orbital Hotel), as well as a lot of gameplay balancing tweaks.  But in this post, I want to talk about the roadmap of where I am bringing this game in the months ahead.  Here are some of the upcoming features coming soon to My Business Empire.

1. Accounting and Taxation: The current "Payroll" popup window will be replaced with a full Accounting screen.  On the accounting screen, you will be able to set the level of pay for workers and managers, as well as get an overview of your businesses finances.  Also, the Government will be coming into play soon (more on that later), which means you will be responsible for paying monthly corporate taxes.  Luckily, you can also hire accountants who are able to find "legal" loopholes in the tax code and lower your corporate tax rate.  Accountants will have a salary similar to that of managers.
  2. Government: Look out, the Government is coming soon to My Business Empire.  Not only will the government be there to charge you a monthly income tax, but they will also set various laws that have an impact on how your business operates.  Things like minimum wage laws, pollution standards, healthcare reform laws, overtime pay, etc.  It will all have an impact on how your business operates.  The government will be comprised of 100 representatives of various political factions, and you will be able to make political contributions to help steer the course of the elections.  You will also be able to hire corporate lobbyists to go out and represent your interests in the nation's capital.  Lobbyists will be on your payroll and command a monthly salary.  You will be able to assign lobbyists to specific issues.  For example, you can have a wage lobbyist who goes and fights against minimum wage laws on your behalf.
  3. Legal Department: You will also soon have the ability to open a legal department and hire corporate lawyers onto your staff.  This is important, because lawsuits are also getting thrown into the mix.  You will at random times be sued by an angry customer or disgruntled former employee.  Whether or not you win the case and how much you have to pay out will depend on the strength of your legal team.
Beyond these things, there will also be new businesses added with each update, particularly at the upper end of the cost spectrum, for those players who are further along in the game.  The next two are going to be the Planetary Terraforming project and the Dyson Sphere businesses, but I am open to suggestions on other things that can be added.

So anyway, that is what I have planned to come in the immediate future.  Beyond that, other updates will be made based on user suggestions and feedback.  So until then, enjoy My Business Empire, and thanks for playing!
Really liking where you're going with the game. Can't wait to see that stuff implemented in the coming months! Right now I'm excited to see the changes you made for the update coming soon!
I agree with the other guy you have alot of good ideas that
When can we expect an update with new material? Maybe more businesses or other items you've talked about in previous post? Thank you!
Well, I don't really have a timeline! I've been putting most of my efforts into my other game My Colony Undecided But eventually!
Downloading now!!! Enjoy your games
Thanks! I hope you like My Colony, I've put a TON of work into it
My colony is the best one out our the several that I've played by you Basteklein! But that's not to say that these other games are just as fun
Join The Shield's ranks! Charter code YCMLP6K2
(08-04-2016, 10:08 PM)bastecklein Wrote: So I have just completed work on the latest update to My Business empire which includes bug fixes, UI changes, and one new business you can build (the Orbital Hotel), as well as a lot of gameplay balancing tweaks.  But in this post, I want to talk about the roadmap of where I am bringing this game in the months ahead.  Here are some of the upcoming features coming soon to My Business Empire.

1. Accounting and Taxation: The current "Payroll" popup window will be replaced with a full Accounting screen.  On the accounting screen, you will be able to set the level of pay for workers and managers, as well as get an overview of your businesses finances.  Also, the Government will be coming into play soon (more on that later), which means you will be responsible for paying monthly corporate taxes.  Luckily, you can also hire accountants who are able to find "legal" loopholes in the tax code and lower your corporate tax rate.  Accountants will have a salary similar to that of managers.
  2. Government: Look out, the Government is coming soon to My Business Empire.  Not only will the government be there to charge you a monthly income tax, but they will also set various laws that have an impact on how your business operates.  Things like minimum wage laws, pollution standards, healthcare reform laws, overtime pay, etc.  It will all have an impact on how your business operates.  The government will be comprised of 100 representatives of various political factions, and you will be able to make political contributions to help steer the course of the elections.  You will also be able to hire corporate lobbyists to go out and represent your interests in the nation's capital.  Lobbyists will be on your payroll and command a monthly salary.  You will be able to assign lobbyists to specific issues.  For example, you can have a wage lobbyist who goes and fights against minimum wage laws on your behalf.
  3. Legal Department: You will also soon have the ability to open a legal department and hire corporate lawyers onto your staff.  This is important, because lawsuits are also getting thrown into the mix.  You will at random times be sued by an angry customer or disgruntled former employee.  Whether or not you win the case and how much you have to pay out will depend on the strength of your legal team.
Beyond these things, there will also be new businesses added with each update, particularly at the upper end of the cost spectrum, for those players who are further along in the game.  The next two are going to be the Planetary Terraforming project and the Dyson Sphere businesses, but I am open to suggestions on other things that can be added.

So anyway, that is what I have planned to come in the immediate future.  Beyond that, other updates will be made based on user suggestions and feedback.  So until then, enjoy My Business Empire, and thanks for playing!

Thanks for a good game and great work 
I have a suggestion for getting more money make a to deposit money to a investment account and to get extra money or shares
Nice! I think so, Airport will be Nice business to add