Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easter Egg on Capitol level 5?
lol weird. I knew google had regional differences and/or profile/cookie differences for search algorithms, but I didn't think that extended to translation, or what once was altavista's babelfish (anyone remember that? extra points).

Most certainly though, it doesn't return that for me:
[Image: 2d7u2kh.jpg]

Also: Isn't coloniam actually the plural? I think? Google is weird
Join the Commonwealth of Martium! Starter pack - 100k ore, food, water, steel, gold, money, chips.  PM when joining for more or to make requests!

Charter code: SG8D9qi7
Join today and PM!
Ya i remember bablefish, didnt use it much.
Google gets weirder and weirder

[Image: ra4Sbsn.jpg]
[Image: 0HNanx1.png]
It should probably read "COLONIA NOSTRUM EST" but the nice thing about Latin is that word order doesn't generally matter so much, either way it translates to "This colony is ours" or "The colony is ours." Given the context, I'd probably lean towards saying it should read "This" rather than "the."

"Colonia" (Nominative declension of "colonium") -- "This colony" or "The colony". Nominative case notes the subject of the sentence, and does not indicate possession, so "my colony" does not work here.

For it to read "My colony is ours," we'd need to use the genative case, "Coloniae," and would need to include "meus" to indicate the owner of the colony.
Heyy, I remember none of tbat, but you said nominative declension so I'm inclined to believe that's all quite accurate lol. I do remember order isn't a concern in latin.

Also.. coloniarumque sounds so wrong lol
Join the Commonwealth of Martium! Starter pack - 100k ore, food, water, steel, gold, money, chips.  PM when joining for more or to make requests!

Charter code: SG8D9qi7
Join today and PM!
I should have put a disclaimer that this is mostly from memory and it's been at least a decade since I've studied Latin, so I might be wrong.