Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't destroy resources
When I want to destroy a Natural Resource that's in my way I click on Destroy, but nothing happens. Self Destroy also dose not work.
Windows 10 Version 0.30
Which natural resource is giving you the most trouble? Trees can seem to overlay. For trees, if you use the semi-transparent map view you are able to see how close the tree is to being fully deleted (the darker/more transparent = the closer to being destroyed). If it's other resources, it would still be helpful to know which type.
Join the Commonwealth of Zharnia!
Charter Code: CjYKOHvh
If you haven't done a hard reload, do so. You may have loaded the game at time when the scripts were being modified. This can happen frequently when using the web version as it is the live development version. I tried it on 0.30.0 with several different colonies and the resources are removed with no issue.
FAQ  -  Suggestion Index

First Future Federation Member.  Click HERE to join.
(03-21-2017, 10:19 AM)Patchdaddy Wrote: If you haven't done a hard reload, do so.  You may have loaded the game at time when the scripts were being modified.  This can happen frequently when using the web version as it is the live development version.  I tried it on 0.30.0 with several different colonies and the resources are removed with no issue.

How can I do a hard reload? I use the W10 App from the store. I tried closing it through the Task Manager and had a Load Data Packages message show up on restart, but the problem is still around. I couldn't reproduce it on a different machine either. The machine with trouble is a VM.

I have problems with all resources.
If you open up the developer console and press refresh, it downloads everything like a first time resource.

I believe the "normal" way of doing that is by holding Control and pressing F5, but I could be wrong.
My apologies. You said you were running version 0.30.0 of the game which is only available on the web at present, so I assumed incorrectly that you were using a web browser. Please double check your game version, it will be in the title screen as "Build v0.xx.0". The most current version for your platform in 0.29.0. If you are not currently running 0.29.0 then please upgrade. Running the game in a VM shouldn't have any effect. You may want to try uninstalling and then installing the game again. You can download the desktop version direct from here: https://market.ape-apps.com/my-colony.html. Before uninstalling the game, make backup copies of your colony(ies) so that you can restore them after you reinstall. The frequently asked questions page linked in my signature has instructions on how to make a backup of your colony.
FAQ  -  Suggestion Index

I do remember having that sort of bug with a pond water resource...it'd do the explosion FX but not disappear.

....i'd be fun because i could spam destory and the whole screen would fill up with explosions slowing the game down.
(03-22-2017, 10:15 AM)Patchdaddy Wrote: My apologies.  You said you were running version 0.30.0 of the game which is only available on the web at present, so I assumed incorrectly that you were using a web browser.  Please double check your game version, it will be in the title screen as "Build v0.xx.0".  The most current version for your platform in 0.29.0.  If you are not currently running 0.29.0 then please upgrade.  Running the game in a VM shouldn't have any effect.  You may want to try uninstalling and then installing the game again.  You can download the desktop version direct from here:  https://market.ape-apps.com/my-colony.html.  Before uninstalling the game, make backup copies of your colony(ies) so that you can restore them after you reinstall.  The frequently asked questions page linked in my signature has instructions on how to make a backup of your colony.

It is v 0.30.0 W10 UWP. Reinstalling dose not fix it either, I think that save file has an issue when I start a new game it works.
Send a copy of your save file to support@ape-apps.com for debugging. Make sure include a detailed description of the issue you are having.
FAQ  -  Suggestion Index