Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Artists, suggest/submit Building Graphics
Exclamation 
Hey @bastecklein , can you send me the files/pics for each planet/world type? (As in the planet selection menus)
[Image: 25u1r1h.jpg]
Better response on post RE: Artists, suggest/submit Building Graphicsjova, I really liked your buildings, I think they all look great!

Feedback-wise, my initial reaction was that I didn't like the round door on the large shelter, but I think its a cool idea. High quality design and execution, IMO, they are very good.
Better response on post RE: Artists, suggest/submit Building Graphics
(08-26-2017, 06:44 PM)DolphinPride138 Wrote: From Cars
Public Garage (Building: Storage)

Dolphin,

I liked your garage design, but I noticed you had some difficulties with the isometric perspective. Horizontal lines in your building should be drawn at a 30 degree angle to achieve an isometric perspective. There are a lot of aspects of Inkscape that I am still learning, so I do not know how to use the box tools to get a 30 degree angle (but there's probably a way to do it) so I use the pen tool and the grid lines to free-hand draw each panel.

I re-drew your design with 30 degree angles, to help give you an idea of approximately what it should look like. Feel free to use it for anything you like.

Attached Files
.svg   garage_v2.svg (Size: 8.99 KB / Downloads: 3)
(09-03-2017, 01:06 AM)AdamBukowski Wrote: jova, I really liked your buildings, I think they all look great!

Feedback-wise, my initial reaction was that I didn't like the round door on the large shelter, but I think its a cool idea. High quality design and execution, IMO, they are very good.

Thank you, AdamBukowski;
to work with Inkscape is not simple for me i'm used with CAD and 3D modelers with a different work filosophie ....
in effect I've realised, looking at the usual graphic of My Colony, that my buildings are really too much detailed,  I like the simple and nice "sketch style graphic" that make the game very original. I think I will make a semplified version of my drawings.
I hope that they will like you again :-)

Something like that:

.svg   SKETCH Prison 2x2.svg (Size: 129.69 KB / Downloads: 7)
(09-03-2017, 03:44 AM)AdamBukowski Wrote:
(08-26-2017, 06:44 PM)DolphinPride138 Wrote: From Cars
Public Garage (Building: Storage)

Dolphin,

I liked your garage design, but I noticed you had some difficulties with the isometric perspective. Horizontal lines in your building should be drawn at a 30 degree angle to achieve an isometric perspective. There are a lot of aspects of Inkscape that I am still learning, so I do not know how to use the box tools to get a 30 degree angle (but there's probably a way to do it) so I use the pen tool and the grid lines to free-hand draw each panel.

I re-drew your design with 30 degree angles, to help give you an idea of approximately what it should look like. Feel free to use it for anything you like.
Thank you! Truth is, I never knew this, and I just drew what I could. I love your new design!
[Image: 25u1r1h.jpg]