Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Commonwealth Update Suggestion
I would like to see an automatic removal of colonies from a commonwealth when a subcolony has been deleted. I don't know how feasible this is, but even a manual drop for all deleted colonies would be helpful. I know that there is the rescind charter option, but it must be done individually. This idea would solve the problem of commonwealth lists being bloated from deleted colonies that impede commonwealth action for active colonies.

I haven't seen this suggested before, but it may have been so feel free to guide me to a related post if it exists.
Join the Commonwealth of Zharnia!
Charter Code: CjYKOHvh
It seems like the perfect algorithm to add into the game, but look at it from a concrete perspective; how would the bot know which colonies to remove, or which ones to keep?
I would hate it if this idea would rescind some of my favourite colonies.

So please tell us what you have in mind with it, maybe I'm misinterpreting what you were saying. Wink
[Image: KLrEVGT.png]
(03-17-2017, 05:33 AM)Randium Wrote: It seems like the perfect algorithm to add into the game, but look at it from a concrete perspective; how would the bot know which colonies to remove, or which ones to keep?
I would hate it if this idea would rescind some of my favourite colonies.

So please tell us what you have in mind with it, maybe I'm misinterpreting what you were saying. Wink

On Android, colonies that have been deleted show up as having 0 population and 0 GDP. This can also be confirmed via their colony website. There may be another reason it shows these factors, but it was the only consistent reason i found and was able to test.

I propose that these colonies that show 0 factors are the ones which are automatically removed from commonwealths. One could put a check on this sort of function by also assigning a time frame. For instance, a week with 0 factors would cause the removal.

I am not sure what these colonies look like on other platforms, but it should be constant since it also carries over to colony websites.
All you need to do is have a colony's backup get loaded on another platform or even the same device, and that colony has been forcibly given independence.

With the current way that saved games are handled, and with the current way commonwealths are coded, this suggestion would cause more problems than it solves. However, in the future when people can join commonwealths after colony creation, it would be a very nice tool.
VaultDwellerIluq does make a good point searching a colony for at least 1 human otherwise in a weeks time it could be removed to try and save on server space.

what about if a colony say isn't touched for 2-3 weeks it gets taken off the server...BUT...if it gets reactivated the user can reestablish the colony connection......or something...
I definitely understand that there are logistical issues with my suggestion, and that it may be most applicable once there is an option to join commonwealths after creation (something that should be added sooner rather than later in my opinion).

As forcedminer noted, the check and optional join could easily work in conjunction. A longer period of time before automatic removal is definitely in line with what I was thinking, I merely gave one week as an example. I still would like to see something like this in the future. I know I can't be the only one with a bunch of defunct colonies that can quickly clog the commonwealth list.
Colonies with 0 population and 0 GDP and 0 relations have not been deleted. Deleted colonies would never be updated serverside, and so would continue showing their last updated stats forever. When a colony has 0 population, 0 GDP and 0 relations, it means they have never connected to the server after the initial creation. Connecting to the server is done every time the stats page is opened.
If this post was helpful, click rate and give a +1.
Join SOC today to fast track your independence!
Use Charter code DOOb6Emc for goodies!
(03-21-2017, 03:18 AM)Vyryn Wrote: Colonies with 0 population and 0 GDP and 0 relations have not been deleted. Deleted colonies would never be updated serverside, and so would continue showing their last updated stats forever. When a colony has 0 population, 0 GDP and 0 relations, it means they have never connected to the server after the initial creation. Connecting to the server is done every time the stats page is opened.

I had actually tested the 0 GDP/relations/population = deletion theory out, and the test subcolony did show up this way. It makes sense that there are other reasons why these stats show up as well. I myself have not removed anyone from my charter that had 0 stats for the very possibility that there are other reasons for them. However, if a colony is never connecting to the server, then from a commonwealth perspective they seem somewhat defunct. What would be the purpose of maintaining these types of colonies in a commonwealth structure?
All the server knows is that the colony was created. My best guess is, on initial creation with a charter code the server is queried to see if that code is valid or not, and the server then knows that the colony was created. No further interactions means the server can't know the size of the colony, so it shows up as default 0 forever.
If this post was helpful, click rate and give a +1.
Join SOC today to fast track your independence!
Use Charter code DOOb6Emc for goodies!
If automatic removal is currently too much of a hassle, why not just make manual removal a lot more user-friendly? IE: A Table-like structure for the commonwealth page, with columns for selecting and deleting multiple colonies at once?
Join Eternia Now!
A pub at every intersection!