Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game over when you run out of aluminium?
I'm all out of aluminium, mined everything on the map. Have not yet built galactic board of trade or dig site. Is there anything I can do or will I need to start all over? Didn't realise I was using that much until I was out. All the new buildings I see require aluminium Sad
You can sell some buildings to get aluminium or you can declare Independence and then make a sub-colony
Do you have deep digs? If you have any intake of aliem artifacts, then you can unlock and build aluminum generators.  However, if you don't have GBT it sounds like you may also be unable to produce any arts, in which case I'd say super's idea about getting a sub colony is your best bet.
Join the Commonwealth of Martium! Starter pack - 100k ore, food, water, steel, gold, money, chips.  PM when joining for more or to make requests!

Charter code: SG8D9qi7
Join today and PM!
Are you still dependent? If so, ask for aluminium from your mother colony.
Are you independent? Then you can start a new colony under your commonwealth. Then send all the aluminium to your mother colony.
[Image: KLrEVGT.png]
Aluminum is such a newb trap Sad

Don't build a single building which requires Aluminum until you complete your first Aluminum Generator. Follow the suggestions from the above people, and if you need to use the GBT, start getting tourism and cloth production going big-time to make some money where you can buy the aluminum. Or build tons of banks to generate civics for independence.
not gonna lie a few times I've run out of Aluminum nodes and Aluminum resources no where need the alien tier Aluminum generator, dependence and/or player run market place.

might just be because im trying to go too fast....but also Aluminum is very expensive to buy in.

although....at the moment i do have 2 Aluminum generators and 4 uranium enrichment facilities and im making a nice bit of coin selling off excess uranium.
If you're out of alu the only way to get alu is either buying it or building the aluminium generators, but you need (like side above) alien artifacts to build that. If you can't and you want to keep your map, then make a plan how to get to building alu gens.
https://www.my-colony.com/reference/?sea...mgenerator

If you're within a commonwealth you can always ask for it, but your goal should be to become self sustaining.
Every building that used alu to be build, gives alu back when sold. Ofcourse it's less then what you put in.

If all of the above aren't options, then i suggest to start over and apply the lessons learned from this map.

Good luck!

You can also check the FAQ for this type of questions.
Make sure to post this in the FAQ section and check the Frequently Asked Questions Thread. It will save you a lot of time. Wink
Thanks guys Smile
I started a new game.
You can also buy aluminium from the Uranium Enrichment Facility.
I'm building out a game guide / tutorial on youtube. You can find it here:

My Colony - Youtube game guide / tutorial

Charter code is: PWDm77jG