Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
My Colony 0.12.0 Release Notes
My Colony v0.12.0 is now available (or will be soon) on all platforms, and includes quite a few changes, both under the hood and in terms of content.  For this reason, there is a higher than normal likelihood of bugs cropping up, so please let me know what you find!  Here are the changes.

My Colony v0.12.0 Changelog

New Stuff:
  • New Structures: Water Tank, Atmosphere Condenser, Small Water Pump, Aluminum Refinery, Water Tower, Nuclear Reactor, Bacteria Farm, Fir Tree
  • New Resources: Water, Uranium, Aluminum, Wood
  • New Vehicles: Ice Chipper, Aluminum Miner, Uranium Miner, Greenbot
  • New Technologies: Advanced Microbiology, Advanced Nuclear Physics
  • New Game: You can now select map size and resource abundance when starting a new colony
Changes:
  • Stats tweak on the Fish Hatchery
  • The 'Idle Worker' button is now an 'Idle Bot' button, shows any idle vehicle, whether it can build or not
  • Utility requirements now show up in the build menu
  • Colonists now require water to live!  If you are loading an existing colony, make sure to build Water Pumps (regular builder bot) or Atmosphere Condensers (advanced builder bot)
  • 'Colonists' menu is now the 'Statistics' menu.  Will be expanded in future.
Bug fixes:
  • Buildings no longer provide energy/housing/storage or other effects before construction is complete
  • Harvesters will stop working if there is not enough storage capacity for their resource
  • Improvements to building queue on touch devices
  • Some reduction in occurrence of 'stuck colonists' although more work remains to be done
The Next Update
The goal for the next update will be further content additions, plus control improvements for mouse/keyboard players.  I do not expect to add additional resources in the next update, but who knows?  Currently Wood has been added as a resource, but there is no way to harvest it yet, and nothing to do with it yet.  I plan on adding buildings to the later atmosphere stages of the game that look more like traditional housing for colonists.  Wood is not expected to be a vital resource, but there will be some fun-type buildings that can utilize it.
Cool stuff, looking forward for whats next Smile
Thumbs Up 
I am from Singapore! And this is the first app, that I took the time to sign up to the forum and eagerly await updates. It has and will continue to be awesome. Thank you!
A couple of things I noticed with my old colony

Aluminum refineries don't seem to produce aluminum (am I missing something? I'm just getting oxygen, and i can't build a mine)
Is there a way to build a uranium mine? (I don't want to build a reactor without a replenishable resource)
(11-01-2016, 06:59 PM)Chaos_Souls Wrote: Aluminum refineries don't seem to produce aluminum (am I missing something? I'm just getting oxygen)
Aluminum Refinery is only converting raw aluminum (from Aluminum Deposits) into usable Aluminium, it only produces oxygen. For now there is no way to get aluminum, Aluminum Deposits only appear on new colonies and can't be build as now.

(11-01-2016, 06:59 PM)Chaos_Souls Wrote: Is there a way to build a uranium mine? (I don't want to build a reactor without a replenishable resource)
Same as Aluminium, there are Uranium Deposits only in new colonies. You can Import Uranium from Nuclear Reactors.
No support via private message here or DM on Discord | TD9TwTF7 | Take a look at my new suggestion and give some feedback please
(11-01-2016, 07:03 PM)Hayenn Wrote:
(11-01-2016, 06:59 PM)Chaos_Souls Wrote: Aluminum refineries don't seem to produce aluminum (am I missing something? I'm just getting oxygen)
Aluminum Refinery is only converting raw aluminum (from Aluminum Deposits) into usable Aluminium, it only produces oxygen. For now there is no way to get aluminum, Aluminum Deposits only appear on new colonies and can't be build as now.

(11-01-2016, 06:59 PM)Chaos_Souls Wrote: Is there a way to build a uranium mine? (I don't want to build a reactor without a replenishable resource)
Same as Aluminium, there are Uranium Deposits only in new colonies. You can Import Uranium from Nuclear Reactors.

Sweet, thank you, the new update is pretty awesome and my new colony is already starting off strong!
it could be great to be able to destroy depoists like ice deposit, i was able to maintain a good water production without the need of ice scrapers, but now i need to not be full and let ice scrapers destroy the ice which means my water level will decrease and ppl will die >< or maybe a vehicule to destroy deposits
So there is no way to build aluminum and uranium mines on existing colony's is there a way to edit a new colony for a boost to get back up to speed instead of starting from scratch
(11-01-2016, 08:14 PM)ivygie Wrote: it could be great to be able to destroy depoists like ice deposit, i was able to maintain a good water production without the need of ice scrapers, but now i need to not be full and let ice scrapers destroy the ice which means my water level will decrease and ppl will die >< or maybe a vehicule to destroy deposits

My advice is that you build some water towers to increase your maxium water capacity and harvest it .. excess water is never bad

(11-01-2016, 09:49 PM)Jeepon35s Wrote: So there is no way to build aluminum and uranium mines on existing colony's is there a way to edit a new colony for a boost to get back up to speed instead of starting from scratch

as of now, no ... uranium can be imported from the nuclear reactor, but that needs aluminum to build, and remmember that new maps come in diffrent sizes and shape now (at least for the web version) and trust me that starting from scratch is not bad, between my colonies i have more than 16K colonists on three different saves ..starting fresh helps you correct some of the stuff you dont like in the older ones
(11-02-2016, 12:34 AM)Kosei Wrote:
(11-01-2016, 08:14 PM)ivygie Wrote: it could be great to be able to destroy depoists like ice deposit, i was able to maintain a good water production without the need of ice scrapers, but now i need to not be full and let ice scrapers destroy the ice which means my water level will decrease and ppl will die >< or maybe a vehicule to destroy deposits

My advice is that you build some water towers to increase your maxium water capacity and harvest it .. excess water is never bad

(11-01-2016, 09:49 PM)Jeepon35s Wrote: So there is no way to build aluminum and uranium mines on existing colony's is there a way to edit a new colony for a boost to get back up to speed instead of starting from scratch

as of now, no ... uranium can be imported from the nuclear reactor, but that needs aluminum to build, and remmember that new maps come in diffrent sizes and shape now (at least for the web version) and trust me that starting from scratch is not bad, between my colonies i have more than 16K colonists on three different saves ..starting fresh helps you correct some of the stuff you dont like in the older ones
Thanks I have the aluminum I believe. I hate to restart do to the fact of all the work u have put into this one. Ihave everything layer out like I like it. I'm going too look to see if I can find a way to edit the save to help jump start a new colony.