Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My Colony 0.26.0 Release Notes
It's only been a few days since the last update, and this update is a little smaller, but its ok.  I think I prefer to do smaller updates on a more regular schedule.  Big monolithic ones aren't as fun to do for me.  So anyway, here is what's new this time:

My Colony v0.26.0 Changelog

New Stuff
  • New Structures: Galactic Freight, Ultra Deep Dig Site
  • New Tech: Ultra Deep Excavation
  • New ad-free Structure: Statue of Unbridled Excess
  • New Stats: Resources
Changes
  • Retirement savings requirement has gone up substantially.  Instead of being based on just food, it is now calculated on a basket of goods, including food, water, rum, cloth, and toys.
Notes

The new Galactic Freight is an in-place upgrade for the Mass Driver.  It's trade limit is 1000 as opposed to 100, and can also import all goods, as well as export.  The Ultra Deep Dig Site is an in-place upgrade for the regular dig site, and works roughly three times faster, as well as producing trace amounts of Clay. 

The Statue of Unbridled Excess idea came from a post I read about causing deflation using an ultra expensive statue.  The statue costs $175 million dollars to build.  I currently have about 30 Megabots working on the structure on my map, and I still don't see any blue on my progress bar yet, so it will take a long time to build.  So there it is, I have no idea how long it will take to build.  First person to build one and post a screenshot here will get their name added to the game as one of the in-game colonists, lol.

Finally, I added a resource stats screen.  It lists all resources with your total lifetime inflows/outflows.  That's nice, but the real info happens when you select one of the individual resources.  It shows your gain/expense per minute of each resource, and which buildings are using them up (or generating them).  This is still in the early stages, more coming to this screen soon.

Finally, I don't plan on making a podcast for this release.  I'm kind of burnt out on the podcasting, but I might do another one some time in the future.  Other than that though, hope you all enjoy the update.  Much more to come!
Owner of Ape Apps

My Main Colony: Domination
https://www.my-colony.com/colonies/jGTKNfWT/
I scanned in the Mincosoft Store, but there are no updates for My Colony

and one question - are you solo developer? Because i think that the game will grow much faster if you find more programmers
(02-04-2017, 10:21 PM)mutant Wrote: I scanned in the Mincosoft Store, but there are no updates for My Colony

and one question - are you solo developer? Because i think that the game will grow much faster if you find more programmers

Different app stores have their own time it takes for approval.  The update has been pushed out to all platforms, you have to wait for each app store's approval process.  It is already out on Google Play for Android.
FAQ  -  Suggestion Index

First Future Federation Member.  Click HERE to join.
(02-04-2017, 10:21 PM)mutant Wrote: I scanned in the Mincosoft Store, but there are no updates for My Colony

Yes he is a solo developer, and he actually seems to work faster than most teams of developers I've seen.
Join the Galactic Empire of the USSR today! Charter Code: VSfXiInc
Woohoo! New update!
If this post was helpful, click rate and give a +1.
(02-04-2017, 11:25 PM)Pharaohcrab Studios Wrote:

Yes he is a solo developer, and he actually seems to work faster than most teams of developers I've seen.

And i saw that he works fast
but in my view if there are 1-2 or 3 developers, My Colony can be very brutall simulator
because... 3 developers = much, much faster work and e.t.c
3 developers would also be like $150k per year minimum, for unexperienced fresh college grads
Owner of Ape Apps

My Main Colony: Domination
https://www.my-colony.com/colonies/jGTKNfWT/
A strong community is more valuable than more developers for indie games. The updates are frequent enough in my opinion.
No support via private message here or DM on Discord | TD9TwTF7 | Take a look at my new suggestion and give some feedback please
I have never played another game with this level of update periodicity (to keep things fresh) or this level of user support (to deal with inevitable glitches). I have no idea how you are keeping up this pace all by yourself. Keep up the awesome work bastecklein, it is greatly appreciated.
The Commonwealth of Bladematum's Foley, where good ideas go to die!  Angel

https://www.my-colony.com/colonies/XxLwLvCV/
[Image: lf9Ce6U.png]