Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Game file suspended for cheating after browser crash
(01-31-2017, 02:59 AM)Vyryn Wrote: Today my browser window with the game in it crashed, and when I loaded the game back up I got this wonderful message.
Needless to say, I am not happy with this false positive, and I am concerned as to what it means for the largest commonwealth in the game if it can not be reverted.

The same for me (on android)
I just had my account suspended too. I'm on android, had it running, switched to another app and came back and it reloaded to the main menu. Once i opened my game it gave me the message. I've been building up my city for a while; i hope it's not the end!
(01-31-2017, 02:35 PM)bastecklein Wrote: @Asgard judging by your description, I think your colony got flagged as cheating because you sent resources without your game saving, and so the server thought you were sending resources and then quickly closing your browser so that you could send infinite resources to your colony.  Which is a known exploit that people use, and which the game now actively looks for.

I think that must be what the game thought I was doing(?) ...I didn't know that was a glitch in the game even... I always just assumed that saving was an integrated part of the "Send Resource" feature.

...Is it possible to require the game to save as it sends the resources?

Also is there a way to bring my game off suspension?
[Image: tKtlrr]
Visit us on the forums too! We now offer Starter and Prosperity bonuses!
(01-31-2017, 02:59 AM)Vyryn Wrote: Today my browser window with the game in it crashed, and when I loaded the game back up I got this wonderful message.
Needless to say, I am not happy with this false positive, and I am concerned as to what it means for the largest commonwealth in the game if it can not be reverted.

whats the difference between a ban from online and a suspension
and how long do suspensions last
So, wait, the server knows if somebody tries to cheat (therefore it probably has a log of resources everybody has at any given time after a transaction), and actively bans everybody who has more than it should (instead of, I don't know, reducing them to the amount that should be there in the first place), but then again, if I lose resources due to save game failures, that's all nice and dandy and nothing else bad happens (although the server should know I had more and should probably adjust it upwards?)
Something's weird here.
How does this even work other than keeping a server-side log of resources?
And if it does keep that log, why can't it simply adjust them accordingly (upwards or downwards as necessary) instead of banning (for too much extra) or making me lose some (for save errors in my detriment)?
Better response on post RE: Game file suspended for cheating after browser crashRick, they're just two different words used by people to mean the same thing. Once a colony is flagged for cheating, it's done; online mode is permanently disabled without any ability to get it back.

TBK, you're making too many assumptions and blaming something that doesn't exist. There is no account on the server of how many resources a player has. I don't know how the cheating algorithm(s) work, but I know that Bast kept getting feedback of false positives through many patches and kept updating the algorithm to where he's not getting any more feedback. If you're getting banned, let Bast know as much detail as you can and try to send him your save file if possible.

Also, Bast keeps implementing new things and making changes, so if the cheat engine isn't getting appropriate updates and beta testing, new patches can create false positives once again.
The algorithm looks for big upward swings in resources that it can't account for by tracking transfers and sales. Not receiving resources is different because those packages are kept in a gifting queue which doesn't have the same protection, which is why when you accept a gift and then crash before a save, you lose the resource. The gift queue says you got the material but your save doesn't reflect that.

At least that is how I understand it.