Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My Colony 0.25.0 Update
Well Lilithvia, think of it like this. Suppose you are trying to cheat using multiple game saves. They are all tied to the same commonwealth charter though. So you cheat on one of them, it immediately ends your commonwealth, and you lose all of your child colonies and access to online play.

So that save is dead, you try to switch to one of your others. Well, your commonwealth is already gone, and this save doesn't have all of the free resources you gave yourself. So there you are.

Anyway, there will never be a 100% accurate way to stop all cheating, but the goal here is to make the risk high enough that nobody will want to try it on a meaningful colony, unless they are already playing in offline mode, in which case I don't really care (although, if you cheat in offline mode and then try to go online, the game will block you). If somebody with 200 colonists and no charters cheats, is it a big deal to them? Probably not, might be worth the risk, maybe they will get banned, maybe they wont. If somebody with a huge map, active trades on the GBT and 30 sub colonies is thinking about cheating though, that would be a pretty big risk to take on their part. It is up to the player if the risk is worth the reward for a few extra resources.
Owner of Ape Apps

My Main Colony: Domination
https://www.my-colony.com/colonies/jGTKNfWT/
What about a dependent colony that decides to go into offline mode and then decides later to go back into online mode? Do they remain a member of their original commonwealth or do they come back online under UE, or do they come back online independent? No cheating was involved they just decided to go offline and play that way for a while.
FAQ  -  Suggestion Index

First Future Federation Member.  Click HERE to join.
If you are a dependent and you go offline, you dont gain independence. The game still says you are a part of the charter you joined, but they dont get any of your tax money. And if you go back online, they still dont get your tax money. Its just like you started under United Earth at that point, except the in-game name is different.
Owner of Ape Apps

My Main Colony: Domination
https://www.my-colony.com/colonies/jGTKNfWT/
(01-27-2017, 06:02 PM)Lilithvia Wrote: What if they try to cheat the RRR index?

IMPOSSIBLE
[Image: KLrEVGT.png]
(01-27-2017, 05:47 PM)bastecklein Wrote: I am also adding a "feature" that looks for cheating in the form of editing resource levels. If the game detects that you have altered your resource levels, either by changing the save file or by manipulating the game object in memory while the game is running, your game will be switched to offline mode and blocked from the server, and your commonwealth will also be lost. I do not care if people want to cheat in My Colony, but it cannot be allowed if they are playing in online mode.

(01-27-2017, 06:37 PM)bastecklein Wrote: Well Lilithvia, think of it like this. Suppose you are trying to cheat using multiple game saves. They are all tied to the same commonwealth charter though. So you cheat on one of them, it immediately ends your commonwealth, and you lose all of your child colonies and access to online play.

So that save is dead, you try to switch to one of your others. Well, your commonwealth is already gone, and this save doesn't have all of the free resources you gave yourself. So there you are.

Anyway, there will never be a 100% accurate way to stop all cheating, but the goal here is to make the risk high enough that nobody will want to try it on a meaningful colony, unless they are already playing in offline mode, in which case I don't really care (although, if you cheat in offline mode and then try to go online, the game will block you). If somebody with 200 colonists and no charters cheats, is it a big deal to them? Probably not, might be worth the risk, maybe they will get banned, maybe they wont. If somebody with a huge map, active trades on the GBT and 30 sub colonies is thinking about cheating though, that would be a pretty big risk to take on their part. It is up to the player if the risk is worth the reward for a few extra resources.

Uhm quick question, if one of your child colonies is cheating, does that mean the main colony is banhammered by this?
I mean I can not be responsible for a child colony in which I don't have control over and I have quiet a few colonies under me already.
Colony: Lost Ville
Charter Code: 1gcagAsl
(01-28-2017, 05:16 AM)DeadlinexxGamer Wrote: Uhm quick question, if one of your child colonies is cheating, does that mean the main colony is banhammered by this?
I mean I can not be responsible for a child colony in which I don't have control over and I have quiet a few colonies under me already.

Only the map where the cheat is done is removed from online features.

(01-26-2017, 11:16 PM)bastecklein Wrote: If anybody can fill up a mega map without crashing their computer, i will be impressed.

[Image: shD6Asi.png]
Done.
No support via private message here or DM on Discord | TD9TwTF7 | Take a look at my new suggestion and give some feedback please
(01-27-2017, 09:30 PM)Randium Wrote:

IMPOSSIBLE

I've already proven that RRR is easy to cheat.
(01-28-2017, 06:12 AM)Lilithvia Wrote:

IMPOSSIBLE

and your point being?
[Image: 0HNanx1.png]
(01-28-2017, 07:29 AM)nunez499 Wrote:

IMPOSSIBLE

and your point being?

That Randium's claim it is impossible to cheat his index is grammatically incorrect.
(01-28-2017, 07:47 AM)Lilithvia Wrote:
(01-28-2017, 07:29 AM)nunez499 Wrote:

IMPOSSIBLE

and your point being?

That Randium's claim it is impossible to cheat his index is grammatically incorrect.

I don't see how creating 100 colonies with 100 colonists each should count as cheating. If you manage to spend that much time on your commonwealth, I think your commonealth deserves an RRR of 100. 'cause your commonwealth would be pretty big by then.  Cool

The RRR isn't an anti-cheat mechanism that kills anything that isn't supposed to happen, it's an Index that shows the size of a commonwealth, without taking GDP or resources into account (which can be cheated easily).
[Image: KLrEVGT.png]