Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What happened to my saved games?
Your game again yet on another PC lost any memory of my saved games, after spending hours of building, it just disappears.  When I click LOAD, there is nothing in the listing?

This is frustrating on 2 of your games so far, my review of these games isn't looking good.
I'm sorry you keep getting burned on the game saves Undecided

On the Web browser version, everything is saved in indexed database, it's possible that the browser is clearing g the storage out for some reason. Or it could beasily glitches in the game, it's hard to tell. All I can say is I will keep working at it and trying to make it better!
(07-01-2016, 04:23 PM)bastecklein Wrote: I'm sorry you keep getting burned on the game saves Undecided

On the Web browser version, everything is saved in indexed database, it's possible that the browser is clearing g the storage out for some reason.  Or it could beasily glitches in the game, it's hard to tell.  All I can say is I will keep working at it and trying to make it better!

I'll research that then... using linux flash support is limited to Adobe 11.2 atm.  I played the games using both Google-Chrome and Iceweasel (Firefox) on my debian linux 64bit machine and Google Chrome on Chromebook C300.

It is weird that I will see saved games 3-4 in the list then when I refresh the game as it seems to not be playing, I get full crops and other stuff ready to be sold.  But then is sometimes just asks me to name my new farm, but the list of names is completely gone.  The work around would be to download the game and install it locally, but wanted to create videos of playing games on a Chromebook.

Chrome OS is debian based linux, so that is something both PCs have in common.  Thank you for taking time to respond to my concern.
Flash shouldn't be an issue as the game is straight html/javascript. More than likely there is a big with the sqving/loading code. I'm out traveling for a few days, but I will do some testing when I return home. I do most of the development and testing of the game using Chrome on Fedora, so I am assuming it should be a similar scenario to a chromebook.
(07-01-2016, 04:23 PM)bastecklein Wrote: I'm sorry you keep getting burned on the game saves Undecided

On the Web browser version, everything is saved in indexed database, it's possible that the browser is clearing g the storage out for some reason.  Or it could beasily glitches in the game, it's hard to tell.  All I can say is I will keep working at it and trying to make it better!

I'll research that then... using linux flash support is limited to Adobe 11.2 atm.  I played the games using both Google-Chrome and Iceweasel (Firefox) on my debian linux 64bit machine and Google Chrome on Chromebook C300.

It is weird that I will see saved games 3-4 in the list then when I refresh the game as it seems to not be playing, I get full crops and other stuff ready to be sold.  But then is sometimes just asks me to name my new farm, but the list of names is completely gone.  The work around would be to download the game and install it locally, but wanted to create videos of playing games on a Chromebook.

Chrome OS is debian based linux, so that is something both PCs have in common.  Thank you for taking time to respond to my concern.
I just made some quick changes to the way files are saved/loaded on the web version of the game that I think might help the problem. You might have to do a hard reload of the site to load all of the new scripts from the server.
(07-02-2016, 09:09 PM)bastecklein Wrote: I just made some quick changes to the way files are saved/loaded on the web version of the game that I think might help the problem.  You might have to do a hard reload of the site to load all of the new scripts from the server.

Sweet, I'll check it out Smile
So started a new game and played a couple days and it is missing my saved game Sad I was using Iceweasel, Chrome uses a lot more resources but will attempt that before quitting.
(07-05-2016, 06:34 PM)FaaronGaming Wrote: So started a new game and played a couple days and it is missing my saved game Sad  I was using Iceweasel, Chrome uses a lot more resources but will attempt that before quitting.

Just had it happen to me on Chrome as well.  Sorry, I know it is frustrating as hell.  I will keep working to figure it out Undecided