Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Coming in the Next Update v0.12.0
I have just begun work on the next version of My Colony, and it is going to be a significant content release.  I am also adding 3 new resources to the game (water, aluminum, uranium), so it may be beneficial for users to start a new colony when the update hits.  For those who don't want to restart from scratch, the update is going to give existing game saves a sizable quantity of each resource so they aren't just left out in the cold.

I am also working on a new 'launch expedition' feature.  I don't know if it will be done in time for the update, but it basically lets you start a mini-extension colony nearby your base, which is tied in to the same resource and power grid as the main colony, but gives extra build room, and will have extra resources to mine.

There are also many new buildings and a couple new vehicles coming, mainly linked to supporting the features mentioned above.  It should be a great update!
(10-27-2016, 05:14 PM)bastecklein Wrote: I have just begun work on the next version of My Colony, and it is going to be a significant content release.  I am also adding 3 new resources to the game (water, aluminum, uranium), so it may be beneficial for users to start a new colony when the update hits.  For those who don't want to restart from scratch, the update is going to give existing game saves a sizable quantity of each resource so they aren't just left out in the cold.

I am also working on a new 'launch expedition' feature.  I don't know if it will be done in time for the update, but it basically lets you start a mini-extension colony nearby your base, which is tied in to the same resource and power grid as the main colony, but gives extra build room, and will have extra resources to mine.

There are also many new buildings and a couple new vehicles coming, mainly linked to supporting the features mentioned above.  It should be a great update!
Couple questions....
1.) Approx release date?
2.) I just started a new colony would it be enough res to live on without restarting again?
3.) Any thoughts on negative o2? 
Thanks!
that is awesome, its so nice to hear that some of guys' suggestions made it Smile

Question
are the colonies going to be linked via land ? as in will the map be bigger or we will have a button to click to go to the next one ?
(10-27-2016, 05:55 PM)Kosei Wrote: that is awesome, its so nice to hear that some of guys' suggestions made it Smile

Question
are the colonies going to be linked via land ? as in will the map be bigger or we will have a button to click to go to the next one ?

I don't know for sure yet
(10-27-2016, 05:53 PM)Kingwolf117 Wrote:
(10-27-2016, 05:14 PM)bastecklein Wrote: I have just begun work on the next version of My Colony, and it is going to be a significant content release.  I am also adding 3 new resources to the game (water, aluminum, uranium), so it may be beneficial for users to start a new colony when the update hits.  For those who don't want to restart from scratch, the update is going to give existing game saves a sizable quantity of each resource so they aren't just left out in the cold.

Couple questions....
1.) Approx release date?
2.) I just started a new colony would it be enough res to live on without restarting again?
Thanks!

1. Probably early next week.  My family is staying at my house through the weekend, so I don't have as much time to work as I normally do Undecided
  2. Depends how far you are.  If you have a lot of colonists you might run out of water fast.  But there is a way to build water generators, that use up atmosphere.  If your tech level is high enough.  Also, if I have the expansion part done, you will just be able to open new land for development and get the resources that way.
  3. You will need to explain this one to me, unless I missed a thread somewhere 
(10-27-2016, 06:29 PM)bastecklein Wrote:
(10-27-2016, 05:53 PM)Kingwolf117 Wrote:

Couple questions....
1.) Approx release date?
Thanks!

1. Probably early next week.  My family is staying at my house through the weekend, so I don't have as much time to work as I normally do Undecided
  2. Depends how far you are.  If you have a lot of colonists you might run out of water fast.  But there is a way to build water generators, that use up atmosphere.  If your tech level is high enough.  Also, if I have the expansion part done, you will just be able to open new land for development and get the resources that way.
  3. You will need to explain this one to me, unless I missed a thread somewhere 
Negative o2 so basically it pollutes o2 and removes o2 ex factories. and no troubles i was just wondering the date so i dont panic again xD
(10-27-2016, 05:14 PM)bastecklein Wrote:  I am also adding 3 new resources to the game (water, aluminum, uranium), so it may be beneficial for users to start a new colony when the update hits.  For those who don't want to restart from scratch, the update is going to give existing game saves a sizable quantity of each resource so they aren't just left out in the cold.

Can we get some now, my citizens are dying from thirst !
also, did it become necessary for them to be able to reach jobs ?

over 100 dead between the two posts, and that is with new people joining T_T
Yeah, the slaughter will continue while I work out the balancing Undecided
And yes, they have to be able to reach their place of work
(10-27-2016, 07:13 PM)bastecklein Wrote: Yeah, the slaughter will continue while I work out the balancing Undecided

(10-27-2016, 07:13 PM)bastecklein Wrote: And yes, they have to be able to reach their place of work

That a new colony for me Sad