Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Whats coming up in 0.23.0
I started working on v0.23.0 today, so I thought I'd give a quick rundown on what to expect.

I do not anticipate many new buildings (if any) in this update.  This is mostly going to be refinements, bug fixes, and implementing some features that are in the backlog.

One new thing I am adding though is the concept of Retirement.  Soon, once your workers have made enough money to where they think they are good for life, they will just stop working.  So if you are just showering your colonists with money, you might need to reevaluate that strategy.

On the plus side (minus side if you are a colonist), there are new policies coming up that might be able to convince your people to come out of retirement and reenter the workforce.  Now you can click on a colonist, open their stats, click on their money stat, and you now have the option to levy a bogus fine against them and take their money.

I am also adding a new policy option to do a one time tax collection of all colonists for 10% of their money.  You can keep hitting them with it as much as you want, but be advised that they will probably not be happy with you.

There will be other policy related options too.  I am also going to be cleaning up some of the menus, adding more menu icons where ones were missing, and adding new colonist occupation classes.  Stay tuned for more!
Oh I made a thread about colonists life cycles as well. Maybe having them work so many life cycles before their untimely death.
Join The Shield's ranks! Charter code YCMLP6K2
Can anybody explain what would be the Fire Drill in the new version? I don't get it. For what is relocation good for? is this mean to improve the resident - work location for the colonist, or is it just a way to bother colonists?
(01-12-2017, 09:38 AM)shynodin Wrote: Can anybody explain what would be the Fire Drill in the new version? I don't get it.  For what is relocation good for? is this mean to improve the resident - work location for the colonist, or is it just a way to bother colonists?

When you're building your colony sometimes residents can't find housing near their jobs.  A Fire Drill resets everything so that colonists find new jobs and then housing near their jobs.  It's a way to optimize commute times.
FAQ  -  Suggestion Index

First Future Federation Member.  Click HERE to join.
i hope there's an option to give gift to all workers. so that no need to click one by one. but nice update...
would be nice to have a minimap,like in age of empires style =)
and on the tab of the resources would be nice to see the income,example gold 300.000 +200 (how much you gain per second) or -200 if you consume more then produce
and be able to put a priority on jobs,so new colonists would first fill the higher priority jobs
Minimap is unnecessary. Production would be difficult as not everything produces at the same rate and priority job filling has been suggested before
Join The Shield's ranks! Charter code YCMLP6K2
Nice work so far. Only issue for me really is the key commands don't work so I have to click on everything. Is this a bug or common problem? I also paid for it but I have ads and none of the special buildings, but it should update itself yea? Sorry if this is the wrong place for my comments. Thanks.
omnesilere, post it in the bugs section
Join Eternia Now!
A pub at every intersection!
(01-14-2017, 03:01 PM)omnesilere Wrote: Nice work so far. Only issue for me really is the key commands don't work so I have to click on everything. Is this a bug or common problem? I also paid for it but I have ads and none of the special buildings, but it should update itself yea? Sorry if this is the wrong place for my comments. Thanks.

You still have to click on the buildings, rovers, etc for the shortcut keys to work.  For instance if you want to sell a building you hold down the key and click the building.  For example.  I have sell without confirmation bound to the "s" key.  To sell a building without confirmation, I hold down the "s" key and click the building and it's sold.
FAQ  -  Suggestion Index

First Future Federation Member.  Click HERE to join.