Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
GBT Changes
On the Web version of My Colony (0.21.0) and coming soon to all platforms, two new trading options have been added to the Galactic Board of Trade: Offers and New Offer.  

The new Offer system is like the current buy/sell options, but in reverse.  When you make a New Offer, instead of putting up a resource for sell, you are offering to buy a certain amount of a resource for a certain price.  Your money to cover the trade is transferred to the Galactic Board of Trade.

When you browse available Offers, you see what resources people are willing to buy for how much money.  If a deal looks fair to you, you send the other player the desired resource, and the money is transferred to your account.

Offer contracts have the same impact on current prices as regular trades do.  The new offers system adds another dimension to the GBT system, and might help some of the spam trades on the market.  It is a good way to request a specific resource that you are looking for.
Ok so you have the ability to buy and sell the traditional way, but also to post an add saying I want to buy a million microchips for $1? And someone else sees that add and if he´s smart enough he will sell me a million microchips for $1.ç

I think it´s very good new function for the GBT, like you said, if you need a specific amount of an specific resource it´s better to post a new offer. I´m assuming that those sells also count for the last price overview?
[Image: 0HNanx1.png]
yes thats right on the pricing thing
Coming to test it! Big Grin
Would you consider restricting GBT postings to within 2 orders of magnitude of the price that shows up in the mass driver? This would mean if for example food price was $80/100, food could be bought/sold/offered/whatever for between $8/100 and $800/100, then if it is bought for $8/100 it would change to between $0.8 and $80/100.
This would prevent the worst of the scam offers, (the ones that are just so bad they are obviously hoping someone will accidentally click it) but would still allow prices to be set by players AND still allow players to post anywhere from extremely cheap to extremely expensive offers.
If this post was helpful, click rate and give a +1.
Join SOC today to fast track your independence!
Use Charter code DOOb6Emc for goodies!
Not sure. You could still scam by buying your own goods for a few times, thus making the price so ridiculously high that people will eventually have to accept your prices if they want to trade ever again.
I could maybe just make it so that you cant buy your own trades
(01-04-2017, 02:52 PM)bastecklein Wrote: I could maybe just make it so that you cant buy your own trades

Since there isn't another method of cancelling your own sales right now, perhaps just make it not track pricing changes when you buy your own (then people could try to game i as much as they want, and it wouldn't make a lick of difference)
Could you also consider adding to the Offers menu that offers only show up when you have the storage for them? I need to get rid of my microchips, but I can't because the offer bar is filled with offers of 1'000'000 microchips. This might be useful for the biggest colonies, but it makes the offers tab useless for the smaller colonies.