Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[PC] Hotkey remapping leads to load failure
Hello,

First of all, I played on PC (well, laptop, to be honest) on version 0.40 using Google Chrome 59.0.3071.115 (64-bit).

I tried to change the hotkey of 'Sell without confirmation' from 'Alt+S' to just 'Q' because it doesn't seem to work, then everytime I press a button (W, C, even ESC) the game displays the 'edit hotkey menu'. I reverted the change by selecting the bottom-most option in the remap menu (something about dicard custom hotkeys), but the problem stays.

I thought the issue would resolve itself if I just quit the game (I did a .mcz backup), cleared cache, and tried to restore the game, but it doesn't go as I hoped. The game did not load, not even listed in the main menu.

I sincerely request your help.

Attached Files
.zip   sector-213.zip (Size: 307.4 KB / Downloads: 0)
First, if you've made a backup of your colony, I would suggest starting a new colony to test with. I remember having issues back in around 0.32 or 0.34 where editing a hotkey also temporarily mapped the hotkey to the Edit Hotkeys menu. A quick save and reload fixed the issue back then, but if your game is having problems, I'd like to know if it has problems on a brand new colony or if there's something buggy with your current colony. Then, if everything goes well, restore your colony from the backup file and see if that same procedure works.
I've been playing the new colony for like 20 minutes with still 2 colonist with no issue. I didn't try to remap again, though.

I opened Firefox (so that I can keep running the new game) and tried to load the old one, it doesn't show up in the main menu.

I also tried backing up the new game, loading it into the other browser, and it succeeds.
Leader of  Commonwealth of Ottoich (CoO), Member of FFF
CharterCode: SU7sDQFn
[Image: KLrEVGT.png]
(07-16-2017, 04:05 AM)cibemerah Wrote: I've been playing the new colony for like 20 minutes with still 2 colonist with no issue. I didn't try to remap again, though.

I opened Firefox (so that I can keep running the new game) and tried to load the old one, it doesn't show up in the main menu.

I also tried backing up the new game, loading it into the other browser, and it succeeds.

Have you tried importing the old colony back in?  Also, have you tried testing the rebinding bug?  I don't see that you've tried either of my suggestions, yet.
(07-17-2017, 11:38 AM)Flarebrass Wrote:
(07-16-2017, 04:05 AM)cibemerah Wrote: I've been playing the new colony for like 20 minutes with still 2 colonist with no issue. I didn't try to remap again, though.

Have you tried importing the old colony back in?  Also, have you tried testing the rebinding bug?  I don't see that you've tried either of my suggestions, yet.

you see my post, I had the same. after i set it new, it worked fine. but I recognized this poping up of empty pages many times (sending gifts,messages etc) and after a certain time, I had the same with the new Hotkey
Leader of  Commonwealth of Ottoich (CoO), Member of FFF
CharterCode: SU7sDQFn
[Image: KLrEVGT.png]