Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can See Share but Cannot Open
Windows 10 Home 64-bit/Android 4.1.2
Network Browser app v2.1.2 (from Google Play)

- Android installation went fine.
- App automatically found my PC.
- Two expected share icons (Public and samples) displayed in app after I entered my Windows network credentials.
- Public share opens for browsing as expected.
- samples folder share icon displays but does not open, even after sharing with the "Everyone" option and with my account.
- samples folder opens fine on a Windows PC on the same network.
- Password-protected sharing option is enabled.
- Same results whether Windows firewall turned on or off

I'm sure the problem is with Win 10, but any help to allow browsing within the samples share will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
I know on my Windows 10, I had to put my full e-mail address in to log into my shares, since my account is tied in to my MSFT account. Maybe that will help?
Thanks for your prompt reply, bastecklein. When I manually configured the connection setup using my Microsoft email instead of my username, I encountered an "Invalid IP address" error. That was likely due to the way the software concatenated my username and password with the server address.

Configuring the connection with my username instead of my email address at least allowed me to see the Public and shared folder icons, although I was allowed to browse only the Public share, as before.

I tried the same configuration using ES File Explorer's LAN feature and had the same result. I can only assume the issue is with Windows 10 and not the network app.
Try to make a new local user account on your Windows 10 machine, not tied to an email address, used only for network sharing purposes.
Thanks again for your reply, bastecklein. Previously researched solutions have mentioned creating a local account, but I'll try that one as a last resort. For now I'm using an Android app that allows me to browse my files without enabling Windows file sharing. The disadvantages are that it requires an Internet connection, and it can't display hidden folders. But it will have to do for now.
Sorry it didn't work. I just posted an update with some changes that should allow connection with email address usernames
I updated to v2.1.4 and created a profile using my email address, but got the same result as with my username. I think your app is performing flawlessly and consistently. Your help has confirmed my belief that the problem is with Win 10. Thanks for your prompt reply.
Alright, well I wish we could have gotten it working! :/