Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Colony 0.39.0 Release Notes
Better response on post My Colony 0.39.0 Release NotesYour weekly My Colony update has arrived!  Let's see what's changed.

My Colony v0.39.0 Changelog

New Stuff
  • New Structures: Transmission Hub, Advanced Robotics Inc, Aluminum Mine, Megatree, Deep Space Transceiver, Advanced Plastic Factory, Advanced Synthetic Oil Lab
  • New Techs: Plant Genetics
  • New Occupation: Diplomat
  • New Zolarg Embassy: Shrine of Truth
  • New ad-free Content: Aluminum Road
Changes
  • Non-Independent colonies in Online mode can now request to switch parent colonies
  • Several minor balancing changes
  • Expanded early-game help messaging and tutorials
Notes

Apart from the new structures, the main change in this update comes from the new communications buildings and the new ability of child colonies to switch parent colony charters.  When you build a communications building and enter the communications menu, you can request to be annexed by another independent colony.  That new potential parent colony will get a message asking to accept or decline the annex request.  If they accept, they must pay a fee based on how far away the child colony is on the galactic map (the fee is (i think) 1/5 of the embassy build fee), and they must also pay the old parent colony any back-taxes owed by the child colony.

Also through the new communications structures, colonies can now send gifts and messages to anybody charter they want, regardless of embassy and commonwealth status.  So you may be wondering, what is the point of an embassy now?  Just wait, you'll see...!

The other big change is Zolarg now have the ability to build Aluminum mines.  I have been planning on adding this to Zolarg for some time now, but I just hadn't gotten around to it until now.  This could potentially have a large impact on the GBT aluminum pricing.  I know people have been asking for Human aluminum mines forever, but that is something that probably will never be happening, as it would throw off the balance of the human build tree I think.  Plus it's good for Zolarg to have some good production that humans can't have.  Zolarg also get improved wood production in this update.

Another change (which was supposed to be in the last update but it was bugged and didn't work properly), now when you have embassies of different civilizations, you will start to see their citizens walking around in your colony.  For instance, a human colony with a zolarg embassy might now occasionally notice an insectoid or two wandering around their embassy area.  It is somewhat rare since diplomats rarely leave the embassy areas, but you will see if more often if you put entertainment facilities near the embassies, as foreign diplomats will occasionally use (and spend money at) your local entertainment joints.

Also for new players, I have greatly expanded the early game hint/tutorial pop up messaging.  There are now fairly detailed step by step instructions on how to get up and going on each planet/race type.  Each message only displays one time, and should hopefully help answer come of the basic questions, or with people who uninstall the game after three minutes of play because they can't figure out what to do.

To expand on the in-game tutorial thing, I am also going to be adding in-game community-created video tutorials in one of the coming updates.  If you are interested in having one of your own YouTube videos linked-to from directly within the game, see the following thread for more information: http://forum.ape-apps.com/showthread.php?tid=12697

Anyway, that's pretty much what's new in this update.  During the month of July I have like three separate summer vacations coming up, so there probably wont be many My Colony updates for the next few weeks.  But after that there will be a lot more on the way, including a completely revamped host client for the Windows 10 Store version of the game, which I have been putting a lot of working into and should offer improved performance and stability for the Windows 10 ( from the Windows Store ) version of the game.  So stay tuned, lots more to come!
Owner of Ape Apps

My Main Colony: Domination
https://www.my-colony.com/colonies/jGTKNfWT/
nice one! any chance to add Aluminum Road as an upgrade for Rainbow road with your new awesome OR tech tree? Smile
Man I can't get some of this stuff my game save corrupted so I had to start a new one Sad
I think what would be really nice would be a optimization update
No new content just optimization and bug fixs.
I know that's a lot under the hood coding that will have to go into it but it would really help my bad pc
If this was helpful or you enjoyed this please rate me +1.

http://forum.ape-apps.com/showthread.php?tid=3260&pid=15252#pid15252
Can't wait to try out the new things in this update!
I'm building out a game guide / tutorial on youtube. You can find it here:

My Colony - Youtube game guide / tutorial

Charter code is: PWDm77jG
Can you make the game an idle real-time game. Like the maps are still active even when you get out of game. That would be really nice.
(Yesterday, 06:12 AM)Themlgdawg Wrote: Can you make the game an idle real-time game. Like the maps are still active even when you get out of game. That would be really nice.

Until you accidentally use too much power and everyone dies.