Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 4,789
» Latest member: udhamss
» Forum threads: 3,129
» Forum posts: 18,843

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 77 online users.
» 6 Member(s) | 71 Guest(s)
BestColony11, blissett, Loadycreeloarf2, Rent_Demon

Latest Threads
Taxation
Forum: Game Ideas, Suggestions, and Feedback
Last Post: Patchdaddy
47 minutes ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 8
First Modding Features Co...
Forum: Updates and Announcements
Last Post: Patchdaddy
1 hour ago
» Replies: 5
» Views: 158
Statistics
Forum: Game Ideas, Suggestions, and Feedback
Last Post: daanyaalvanwyk
1 hour ago
» Replies: 6
» Views: 89
Unresponsive bots
Forum: Game Tips and FAQs
Last Post: Malobaddog
4 hours ago
» Views: 35
Colonists no longer immig...
Forum: Technical Support
Last Post: conrad
4 hours ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 45
Bug with building the sma...
Forum: Antiquitas
6 hours ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 18
Cant build Bronze statue
Forum: Antiquitas
6 hours ago
» Replies: 5
» Views: 62
[Solved] Game doesn't sav...
Forum: Technical Support
Last Post: wodanaz
7 hours ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 25
[Solved] Frequent tempora...
Forum: Bug Reports
Last Post: nunez499
7 hours ago
» Replies: 4
» Views: 106
Arcology working?
Forum: General My Colony Discussion
Last Post: nunez499
7 hours ago
» Views: 40

Basic idea
Posted by: Dismal - 11-17-2016, 12:24 AM - Forum: Game Ideas, Suggestions, and Feedback - Replies (1)

Make a fast forward button, not offline mode or anything like that just a button to make it be 2x or more boost for long construconstructions or just so you don't have to sit there letting your phone run bebecause it sometimes takes a while to get things

Print this item

My Colony 0.15.0 Release Notes
Posted by: bastecklein - 11-16-2016, 11:02 PM - Forum: Updates and Announcements - Replies (38)

I know that the last update just came out a couple of days ago, but I wanted to go ahead and publish this one since I have a lot of family-related thanksgiving stuff coming up over the next two weeks, and I don't know that I will have as much time to work on the game during this period.  But as always, once the holiday is over, I will be back to updating full force.  I want at least 20 more structures by Christmas, so people have something fun to do over the holidays!  That said, let's take a look at what is new.

My Colony v0.15.0 Changelog

New Stuff

• New Structures: Bank, Galactic Board of Trade, Pyramid of the All Seeing Eye
  • New Stats: GDP/Economy, Colonial Charter
  • New Techs: Long Range Communications, Galactic Commerce
(As will all updates, various bugs have been corrected.  Remember to e-mail me your bugged out maps to support@ape-apps.com so I can keep issuing patches!)

The biggest changes in this version revolve around the new backend server I have set up for My Colony.  The server now issues each game file a unique id, or "charter" code.  Once a player declares independence, they can use this charter code to start other colonies.  When you start a new colony using a charter code, all taxes paid will go to the original colony that issued the charter, and not United Earth.  So if you start a second colony, you can help yourself out by using the carter code from your first colony, so your original colony will benefit from all of your tax collections.  

Obviously, another neat part is that if your friends or somebody you know are starting a new colony from scratch, convince them that they might as well use your charter code instead of paying all of that money to the dirty United Earth!  You can find your charter code after you declare independence in the Stats screen.

The second benefit of the new backend server is the new global resource market, which you can unlock after independence by building the Galactic Board of Trade.  It works sort of like the Import/Export buildings (like the Mass Driver), except all deals are conducted with other players.  You can place resources up for sale and set a price, and maybe somebody will take you up on your offer.  Anyway, I am not sure how many people will use this feature, but I think it can be handy for more rare resources (like aluminum).

In the future, I may expand this.  I was thinking that, aside from the current in-game resources, I might make some secondary "luxury" resources, such as TV's, Computers, Silk, Jewlery, etc, that go towards improving colonists happiness.  They will be very expensive and time consuming to produce, but will also be available on the global market for people who just want to buy them instead.  Somebody here on the forum suggested this I think, I just don't remember who.

Finally, the server now keeps track of who has the biggest GDP per capita (size of the economy divided by number of colonists) in the world.  You can see the stat in the Statistics screen.

Also, I am going to start adding basic sounds to the next update.  Someone sent me a few to get started, and if anyone has suggestions on the sound effects and music, let me know.  Just remember, anything I use has to be either user generated or royalty free.  

Also coming soon, I am going to start adding achievements for certain things, that will work with the various mobile platform's achievement systems (iOS Game center, Google Play Games).  It wont be anything special or required, but just a way of giving people a goal who want it.  

Anyway, there is still a ton more to come, so keep the suggestions and bug reports coming!  And thanks for playing!

Print this item

Wood
Posted by: Ultra - 11-16-2016, 09:59 PM - Forum: General My Colony Discussion - Replies (10)

How do get wood mill Big Grin

Print this item

Offline Income
Posted by: BlinkingJaguar - 11-16-2016, 09:46 PM - Forum: Game Ideas, Suggestions, and Feedback - Replies (1)

I think it would be a cool idea to have like 24 hour offline income at 10% speed.

Print this item

[SOLVED] Cannot figure out how to build tree farm
Posted by: AlphaMaven - 11-16-2016, 09:12 PM - Forum: General My Colony Discussion - Replies (6)

So far, this game has been great.  I have been playing on my Android phone and for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to build a tree farm. I have researched all of the available options in technology and built all buildings.  From Build menu of any of the bots (Builder Bot, Advanced Builder Bot, or Megabot) I don't see anything like a tree farm,

What am I missing?

Print this item

Building/upgrading multiple
Posted by: grshdw - 11-16-2016, 09:12 PM - Forum: Game Ideas, Suggestions, and Feedback - Replies (1)

Hi,

Till now I can't find the option so i guess it's not there.

When building a road you have to press every square.

Perhaps it's an idea that you press the start square and then the and square. So it's way faster to build a road.

But also when building buildings it would be nice if you can do the same.
Press the start square then the end square.

For example with solar pannels in the begin you wil build 1 at a time. But later on the game you will build multiple at a time.

The same for upgrading. Select the building that you like to upgrade and then upgrade all the buildings of that kind.

Ofcourse build/ upgrade till the end of the resources. 
For building you can leave other buildings at there start fase. For upgrading upgrade as much as you can.

A few toughts from my side for this nice game.

Print this item

Big Grin FREEDOM!!! (Post your Colonial Charter Codes)
Posted by: Patchdaddy - 11-16-2016, 09:04 PM - Forum: General My Colony Discussion - Replies (19)

Independence!

Charter Code:  DoQi1uom

Join the Patch and make me rich!   LOL

Print this item

I cant seem to get wood
Posted by: AOkay - 11-16-2016, 08:21 PM - Forum: Bug Reports - Replies (1)

I have gotten all the research the latest updates and everything. The megabuilder etc etc. But i cannot build the greenbot or whatever its called. Help?

Print this item

Civic Centers and Banks
Posted by: apocolypse101 - 11-16-2016, 07:02 PM - Forum: Bug Reports - Replies (3)

Until just a few minutes ago, my banks and civic centers were producing the civic resource.  However, now their progress bar is frozen and when I build a new one, it doesn't even have a progress bar.  I am playing on my PC on Google Chrome.

Print this item

need 3 worker shifts
Posted by: xcalbier - 11-16-2016, 05:51 PM - Forum: Game Ideas, Suggestions, and Feedback - No Replies

Ok so i didnt relize all the sims decide to sleep at the same time (these people dont have a night life lol.
   so thinkng the game was busted i started trying to fix a problem that wasn't one in the end costing my self
 tons of resorses ( not really a problem as i have meg a tons of resorses .
    now alot are healing from the trama thing is once again there all asleep so once again nothing is being produced .
 really need 3 sleep shifts 
   anyway all this started because they all like to sleep at once what every happened to 3rd shift ?
 good thing the nuk plant cant melt down immange every nuk plant only having one 8 hour work shift lol
     aliens would find earth because the glow could be seen accross the galaxy 
 ps its fine btw now i know they do this guess ill just have to live with stalled production lazy sims .

Print this item