Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 3,929
» Latest member: Furikitten
» Forum threads: 2,779
» Forum posts: 17,310

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 85 online users.
» 3 Member(s) | 82 Guest(s)
bastecklein, Benice

Latest Threads
New idea: Colonist Run Bu...
Forum: Game Ideas, Suggestions, and Feedback
Last Post: Benice
2 hours ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 29
Unable to send resources ...
Forum: Technical Support
Last Post: bastecklein
2 hours ago
» Replies: 10
» Views: 199
No response from Support
Forum: Technical Support
Last Post: neotheone
4 hours ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 16
Changes to Server Auto-Pu...
Forum: Updates and Announcements
Last Post: poumm
8 hours ago
» Replies: 11
» Views: 617
Suggestion: "Sell" rogue ...
Last Post: Random_Terran
11 hours ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 47
[FFF] Xindi 7 - Zolarg Em...
Forum: Commonwealth Area
Last Post: nunez499
Today, 08:27 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 144
!! SCREENSHOTS !!
Forum: General My Colony Discussion
Last Post: TBK-77
Today, 08:19 AM
» Replies: 128
» Views: 18,846
Sick colonists
Forum: General My Colony Discussion
Last Post: Pheonix1204
Today, 12:11 AM
» Replies: 29
» Views: 3,558
Trade revamp (GBT, import...
Last Post: Ottoich
Yesterday, 08:34 PM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 173
In-Game Video Tutorials (...
Forum: Updates and Announcements
Last Post: ilja615
Yesterday, 05:40 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 76

Big Changes Coming for Next Update
Posted by: bastecklein - 10-08-2016, 08:54 PM - Forum: Updates and Announcements - Replies (1)

Hey everyone, I have been busy working on the next update for My Colony (v0.6.0) and it's becoming apparent that some of the mechanics are going to change significantly, so I just wanted to give everyone a heads up on what to expect so that there aren't any shocks.

Firstly, you will now be able to queue up a bunch of pavement to build at once, which seems to be the #1 requested feature, so yay for that!

Next, the big change coming is related to resources/money/building/economy.  Up until now, harvesting ore just immediately turned into money, and everything could be purchased with money.  With the next update, this is no longer the case.

In the future, when you harvest Ore, your ore resource goes up (the rock up in the top right that is always 0 that people have been wondering what it means).  Money is no longer impacted.  Some buildings will require ore to build.  Some will require other resources, or a combination of several.  I will be adding more resources to the game, like different types of metals, water, gold, etc.  There will be smelters where different types of resources are combined to make other resources.  I don't know exactly how everything will go together yet as I am just making it up as I go along, and there will be a lot of re-balancing to do, so bear with me while I figure it out! 

Another change is related to the colonists themselves.  They now consume food.  You can also send them off to harvest ore, which you will need to do at the beginning of the game now until you can afford a rover.  However, harvesting is hard on them, and they will begin to lose health.

To heal the colonists, you will be able to build a medical bay.  Again, I don't have the mechanics 100% figured out yet, but I'm working on it.

These are some of the main things so far, but I am open to comments/suggestions in this thread.  Just so you know, I update the Web version of My Colony in real time, so if you want to monitor progress on the update, you can check it out live in your web browser here:

https://www.apewebapps.com/my-colony/

Be aware though that since I am making live updates to the web app, sometimes things might break, and your saved game could get nuked!

Print this item

Network Browser v2.0.6 Release Notes
Posted by: bastecklein - 10-07-2016, 10:06 PM - Forum: Network Browser - Replies (3)

The primary changes to Network Browser v2.0.6 are related to streaming and file download performance.  I have worked hard to try to increase file transfer speeds, as will as streaming performance.  I have noticed for video streaming, VLC seems to be king when it comes to video players, so if at all possible, try to use VLC to get the best experience!

I made significant changes to the streaming and file transfer code, and since I am just one guy I can't test everything, but I did not find any glaring issues.  If you see any, please post them in this thread and I'll get a patch out ASAP!

Thanks for using Network Browser!

Print this item

Android Network Browser Setup Instructions
Posted by: bastecklein - 10-07-2016, 10:03 PM - Forum: Network Browser - Replies (1)

Network Browser from Ape Apps is quickly becoming the number one network management and media streaming app for Android, but many users are confused as to how to successfully set up a network connection between their computer and their Android device.  The following instructions show how to establish a network link using Network Browser for Android and the Windows operating system.

1. Install Network Browser - Obviously the first step is that you need to download and install the free Network Browser app onto your Android device.  It is available for both Android and Kindle devices, and you can find download links for your platform at the official Network Browser website: http://apps.ape-apps.com/network-browser/
  2. Enable Sharing on your PC - If you already have a home network up and running then you can skip the next couple of steps.  On some Windows installations, network sharing is disabled by default for security purposes.  To enable it, do the following:
    * Open the Control Panel on your PC and click on Network and Internet.
    * From the Network and Internet screen, click on the Network and Sharing Center option.
    * On the Network and Sharing Center screen, you should see a Change advanced sharing settings option on the right hand side.  Click on it.
    * Scroll down to the Password protected sharing section, and put a check in the Turn on password protected sharing option.
  3. Share a folder - This step is simple.  Once sharing is enabled on your PC, right click on a folder you would like to share and select Properties.  From the properties window, select the Sharing tab and click on the Share button at the top.  In the File Sharing window that opens up, select the users that you would like to share the folder with (choose an account you have access to) and then click on the Share button on the bottom right corner.
  4. Note your IP address - In many cases, Network Browser will automatically find your PC at this point, but if it does not, you may need to enter your IP address.  To find it, open the Command Prompt app on your computer (if you can't find it, try pressing the Windows+R keys and then typing "cmd" in the run window).  From there, type ipconfig and press enter.  You will get a list of information, so try to find your IPv4 address.  It will usually be something like 192.168.0.x.
  5. Set up Network Browser - Once your PC is set up, open the Network Browser app on your device.  If your computer is automatically found, then horray!  If not, select the "New Connection" option on the main screen.
  6. Fill out your network settings - On the new connection screen, enter your server IP address along with your username and password.  In the Server Nickname field, you can put anything you want that will help you identify the connection.  Domain will normally be blank.
  7. Enjoy - Network Browser setup is complete at this point.  Have fun!

Need additional help?  If you are having issues getting up and running, this thread is the place to be.  Post your questions here and either I or someone else in the community will be glad to assist!

Print this item

For the love of god, fix this!
Posted by: GRITT - 10-07-2016, 04:27 AM - Forum: Bug Reports - Replies (4)

Please, PLEASE find a way to plant more than one cement block at a time. God!

Print this item

Lightbulb Welcome to the Helios File Manager Forum!
Posted by: bastecklein - 10-05-2016, 02:11 PM - Forum: Helios File Manager - No Replies

Welcome everyone to the new support forum for Helios File Manager.  This forum replaces the old Google Plus community that I had set up, but since I really don't care for G+, we will be using a forum now instead.  Wink

Use this forum for questions/help/support/suggestions or anything else related to Helios File Manager for Android.

If you would like to get Helios File Manager, it is available for free on both Google Play and the Amazon Appstore, and you can find download links at the official Helios File Manager website here:

http://apps.ape-apps.com/helios-file-manager/

Print this item

My Colony 0.5.0 Release Notes
Posted by: bastecklein - 10-04-2016, 07:49 PM - Forum: Updates and Announcements - Replies (3)

Greetings all, I have just wrapped up development on the next update for My Colony, v0.5.0.  Here is whats new.

My Colony v0.5.0 Release Notes

• Performance Improvements: Optimizations and performance improvements have been made across all devices
  • Pathfinding Improvements: Vehicles will now use the pavement that you build
  • Dead Resources: When a mine is depleted, it now disappears 
  • Colonists: Your colonists now require food.  They will periodically consume food.  If you run out, they start to die
  • New Structures: I have added two new structures to this build, the Landing Pad and the Small Shelter.  The Small Shelter holds 3 colonists.  The Landing Pad will allow new colonists to join your colony, but only if there is enough shelter available!
  • Various bug fixes
  • Cloud Sync: If you log in with your Facebook account, the app can now sync your colony saved games across your devices.
Things I did not get to:
  • I was going to make it faster/easier to build pavement, but the way I coded it originally meant it was going to be more of a hassle than I wanted to deal with for this update.  So I have pushed this out to the next update.  Sorry Undecided
  • Employment: I was going to make it so that colonists needed to work for money, and they ended up paying taxes, etc.  This is still in the pipeline, I just did not get to it this time.
The update should be making it's way to all available platforms with the next few days.  There is a lot more coming in the future, and since people seem to be really enjoying My Colony, I plan to speed up the development cycle on this game.  Post issues/comments/suggestions here, and again, thank you for playing!

Print this item

Keyboard Controls Reference
Posted by: bastecklein - 10-02-2016, 01:31 AM - Forum: My Land - Replies (1)

Thanks to a suggestion by forum member tralfaz0326, I have added basic keyboard controls to the game.  Here is a cheat sheet/reference card for the current keyboard controls.  I can add more in future updates upon request.

My Land Keyboard Controls Reference

Arrow Keys/WASD: Move cursor
[+]/[-]: Zoom in/out
[Shift] or [Enter]: Same as click (Harvest crops, etc)
[Q] or [Ctrl]: Toggle between hand/build
[E] or [Space]: Next Tool
[R] or [Alt]: Previous Tool
[Esc]: Open menu
[<] and [>]: Previous/Next Tool

Those are the basics.  The layout makes it pretty easy (in my opinion) to play the entire game using only your left hand and the WASD (plus surrounding) keys.  I added controls to the other side of the keyboard too for people who prefer the arrows and whatnot.  Or use a combination of both.  I might have added a couple of others and forgot about them, so just play around and figure it out, lol.  I will update this thread as I add more controls, and feel free to reply with suggestions!

Print this item

Update Preferences
Posted by: bastecklein - 10-01-2016, 03:16 AM - Forum: General My Colony Discussion - Replies (1)

Just wondering -

Would you all prefer to see frequent, small updates for My Colony?   Or less frequent but larger updates?  I was planning on doing big updates every 6 weeks or so, but I could also pump out smaller updates every few days if that is what the preference is.  Just looking for feedback!

Print this item

Update on the Next Update
Posted by: bastecklein - 09-27-2016, 02:55 PM - Forum: Updates and Announcements - Replies (5)

I know a lot of people are waiting for info on the next update to My Colony.  The release is still probably a month or so away, so please hang in there.  Here are the things I currently have planned for the next release:

• Colonists will start arriving via a new landing pad you can build.  They will require food/water/housing
  • Colonists will also need jobs to start building the economy of the colony.  Buildings will now supply jobs, which can be staffed by the colonists.
  • You will have to pay the colonists who work in your buildings out of your general funds
  • Save game sync.  Those who log in using their facebook account will be able to sync their progress and saved games across whatever devices they are using.
Essentially, this next update is mainly focused on adding the colonists and improving stability and performance on mobile devices.  I do plan on increasing the development pace on the game eventually, I am just so far behind on my other apps and projects right now that I am kind of playing catch up (I am a one man team).  

But yeah, stay tuned to this thread for news and info regarding the next update, and if you have any questions/comments, post them here and I will get back to you.

Print this item

Noteastic Notepad Comes to iOS!
Posted by: bastecklein - 09-27-2016, 02:49 PM - Forum: News and Announcements - Replies (1)

Today I'm happy to announce that my Noteastic Notepad app is now available to iOS users, and can be found on the app store here:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/https://i...90633?ls=1

Noteastic has gained some popularity on the Android platform, and with the latest update, users can now sign in using their Facebook accounts, allowing them to sync their notes between devices.  Check it out, and find download links for all platforms at the official Noteastic website here:

http://apps.ape-apps.com/noteastic/

Print this item